Thermaltake View 51 TG ARGB Full-Tower Case Review
Peter Donnell / 10 months ago
Thermaltake is no stranger to enormous PC cases, in fact, they’ve got quite a strong reputation for them. Actually, a tracking number from Thermaltake usually fills me with dread, because it often means a bloody enormous box is about to arrive. I do love a good full-tower PC case though, the freedom you have to go completely nuts on the interior is inspiring. Then again, even for a fairly simple build, it’s nice to have all that extra elbow room and bigger airflow. Either way, you can’t go far wrong with a full-tower.
Thermaltake View 51 TG ARGB Full-Tower Case
It’s certainly well equipped, and given the overall size and price of it, you would expect as much. It features two pre-installed 200mm fans in the front, as well as a 120mm fan in the rear. However, it’ll support a huge amount more, with support for 13 x 120mm, 6 x 140mm or 4 x 200mm fans. Of course, that also extends to impressive liquid cooling and radiator support also.
The built-in fans are crammed full of ARGB lighting effects, plus you get an ARGB light bar in the front panel and it’s all 5v ARGB, with support for all major motherboards. There’s even a built-in ARGB controller, allowing you to control colour, modes, etc, without external software or hardware support.
Beyond that, you get E-ATX motherboard support, room for enormous graphics cards, loads of storage mounts, ridiculous amounts of cable routing space and so much more. So, let’s grab the big box it came in and take a closer look!
- LIGHT UP THE SYSTEM – 2 Pre-installed 200mm 5V Motherboard Sync ARGB fans + ARGB light bar at front panel (Sync with Asus Gigabyte MSI ASRock Biostar that has 5V addressable RGB header)
- BUILT-IN DUAL MODE 5V ARGB SWITCHBOARD – Control light via I/O port button (27 LED modes/7 Colors) or via 5V ARGB Sync motherboard RBG software
- 27 LED MODES via I/O PORT – Wave mode/ Flow mode/ RGB lighting (single color)/ Radar mode (Red yellow green Cyan blue White Purple)/ Breath mode (8 Colors)/ Full Lighted mode/ Single Color mode (7 Colors)/ Light Off
- PATENTED ROTATIONAL PCI-E 8 SLOTS DESIGN – With patented rotational PCI-E slots you can choose the way you want to display graphics cards vertically or horizontally
- SMART SPACE – Sophisticated space design on the right side of the case provides a neat area for PSU placement and cable management
- 2+2 DRIVE BAY – 2 5″/3 5″ x 2 with HDD Cage + 2 5″ x 2 with HDD Bracket
- MOTHERBOARDS – Supports Mini ITX Micro ATX ATX E-ATX (up to 10 5″) Motherboard
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official product page here.
What Thermaltake Had to Say
“Designed to expand the legacy of the View Series lineup, the View 51 Tempered Glass ARGB Edition full-tower chassis features two 200mm 5V ARGB fans at the front and one 120mm 5V ARGB fan at the rear providing outstanding ventilation. This elegant chassis utilizes swing-out side panels, and is enclosed with 4mm tempered glass panels on three sides for users to demonstrate their DIY handwork and showcase their internal components. The I/O ports are positioned vertically on the right side of the front panel with tempered glass windows on its left. Different from other View Series chassis’, the View 51 TG ARGB can hold up to two 200mm fans at the front and on the top. With support for the latest PC hardware, the View 51 TG ARGB Edition is not only fascinating in appearance but comes with endless possibilities for PC lovers.” – Thermaltake