TP-LINK Announces the AV500 Gigabit Powerline Adapter
Ryan Martin / 6 years ago
TP-LINK today announced its new AV500 Gigabit Powerline Adapter, providing industry-leading performance, hassle-free set-up, for an instant, secure high-speed network for the home or office. The AV500 Gigabit Powerline Adapter provides high-speed streams at up to 500 Mbps on a line length of up to 300 meters, creating an incredibly fast, robust network. At these speeds, the AV500 Gigabit Powerline Adapter delivers the performance required for fast, whole home or office solutions to connect all network compatible devices from HD video streaming, online gaming, VolP or any other bandwidth intensive applications.
The AV500 Gigabit Powerline Adapter comes equipped with TP-LINK’s Quality of Service (QoS) function which prioritizes the bandwidth requirements of data traffic, guaranteeing clear, instant connections of a device, even when other bandwidth intensive applications like VoIP, video streaming or online gaming are running on the network.
The sophisticated Power-Saving Mode on the AV500 Gigabit Powerline Adapter consumes less power when compared with existing Powerline adapters. When there is no data transmission or reception occurring after five minutes, the adapters will automatically switch from their regular “Working” mode to “Power-Saving” mode, lowering energy consumption by up to 85 percent*.
It also comes with a pair button on each adapter so users can easily set up a hassle-free connection with 128-bit AES encryption for network security and data protection.
AV500 Gigabit Powerline Adapter (TL-PA511KIT) – $89.99 – Product Available End of May 2012
- HomePlug AV standard compliant, high-speed data transfer rates of up to 500 Mbps
- One Gigabit Ethernet Port; built-in QoS provides networking flexibility and stable HD video streaming, online gaming capabilities
- Plug-and-play setup; no configuration required
- Patented Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%
- Up to 300 meter (984 feet) range over the household power circuit for better performance through walls or across floors
- Establish a 128-bit AES encryption to secure Powerline communications simply by pressing the Pair button on the adapter