Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 30X Xbox One Headset Review
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
Picking the right headset can be a virtual minefield as there are a seemingly endless range of products to choose from. Of course, if you pick out what you really want from your headset and set a budget, things do get a lot easier. The latest headset from Turtle Beach is perfect for use on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Apple/MAC and Mobile, so there’s no doubt that it’s versatile in terms of formats, and the single ear-cup design means it’s tailored to suit those who only need a headset for chat functions. Add to that a price tag of just £19.99 and the 30X is shaping up to be an interesting entry-level product.
“Experience the crystal clear audio and comfort of the officially licensed EAR FORCE Recon 30X Xbox One chat headset and enhance your multiplayer games by communicating with your team.” – Turtle Beach
- Direct 3.5mm connection to the new Xbox One Controller, and to other Xbox One controllers via the EAR FORCE® Headset Audio Controller (sold separately)
- Unique slotted ear-cup design allows external game sounds in
- Large 40mm Neodymium speaker delivers crystal clear chat audio
- Lightweight and comfortable over-ear design
- In-line controls place Mic Mute and Chat Volume conveniently at your fingertips
- Use the high-sensitivity adjustable boom mic for in-game chat
The packaging is nicely designed, keeping in theme with other turtle beach products. There’s a clear image of the headset, as well as a quick rundown of the major features, such as the in-line volume controller.
In the box, you’ll find the headset (obviously), as well as a few bits of documentation, nothing fancy, but at least everything you need is here.
The headset comes hard-wired and doesn’t require drivers, meaning you can just unbox, plug in and play.