TYAN Launches Entry Server Platforms for Intel Xeon E-2100
Ron Perillo / 1 year ago
Introducing TYAN’s E-2100 CPU-Based Platforms
With Intel‘s launch of their affordable Xeon E-2100 series processors, TYAN is also announcing platforms which make use of it. According to the company, this lineup offers “enhanced performance, advanced security, and reliability of cost-effective entry server solutions.”
“TYAN’s Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based platforms are optimized for cloud computing, storage and embedded environment applications,” says Danny Hsu. He is the Vice President of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation’s TYAN Business Unit.
These new Intel Xeon E-2100 processors are available in multiple SKUs, either in quad-core or 6-core options. The majority also have support for integrated graphics, thus TYAN provides display output options for some boards. Intel’s current E-2100 Xeon lineup includes:
Which TYAN Platforms are Compatible with Xeon E-2100?
TYAN offers five Tempest series and one Thunder series platform which is compatible with these low-cost Xeon CPUs.
The Tempest CX units support up to 4x GbE LOM (the S5552 supports optional SAS 12G controller). Meanwhile, the Extended EX models provide a lengthy 7-year warranty with an operating temperature of 0° C ~ 55° C. As for the HE model, it provides 7.1 HD audio with built-in DisplayPort and DVI-D for display output.
- CX S5550: Single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server board in Micro-ATX (9.6″ x 9.6″) form factor for entry server applications.
- EX S5550-EX: Single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server board in Micro-ATX (9.6″ x 9.6″) form factor with 7-year longevity supply and wide-range operating temperature support for embedded and IoT applications.
- CX S5552: Single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server board in ATX (12″ x 9.6″) form factor for server storage applications.
- EX S5552-EX: Single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server board in ATX (12″ x 9.6″) form factor with 7-year longevity supply, wide-range operating temperature support and EMI class B compliant for embedded and IoT applications.
- EX S5555-HE: Single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based workstation board in Micro-ATX (9.6″ x 9.6″) form factor for embedded and IoT applications
- Thunder CX GT24E-B5556: 1U single-socket Intel Xeon E-2100 processor-based server platform with support for up to 4 DDR4 DIMM slots, 3 PCIe slots, dual 10GBase-T Ethernet ports, 4 3.5” hot-swap SATA/6Gbs drives and 2 2.5” internal boot SSD for cost-effective cloud gaming applications.