Vodafone Store Evacuated Due To Exploding iPad

/ 4 years ago


There have been a few reports of iPhones, iPads and iPods exploding over the years, more so in recent month. I do think it is fair to say that nearly all electrical device can and do explode on rare occasions and circumstances, and that I doubt these incidents are limited to Apple devices.

Reports are now coming in the a Vodafone store in Australia was evacuated due to an iPad exploding in the store, which all sound a little dramatic, I mean, how much damage can one iPad do?

According to a Vodaphone spokesperson, the Canberra based store’s caught alight from its charging port. Which quickly led to the fire brigade being called and the store to be evacuated, the shop was quickly filling with acrid smoke, sparks and flames from the iPad as it’s power connector continued to burn.

SEE ALSO:  Chinese Village Creates Actual Working QR Code Garden

As you can see from the image above, the iPad in question is left looking more like a baking tray than an electronic device, so we cannot even identify what model it was.

Apple has since collected the charred device for testing.

Thank you Trusted Review for proving us with this information.

Image courtesy of Trusted Review.

Topics: , , , , , , ,


2 Responses to “Vodafone Store Evacuated Due To Exploding iPad”
  1. WP User says:

    so many jokes…
    “kill it with iFire”
    “how to cook – for singles, prototype app meets less than favorable results”

  2. Skidmarks says:

    Actually exploding portable devices can do considerable damage and may even be fatal at times. It was probably the daylight robbery price of the unit that brought on the explosion anyway. 🙂

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!