Watch Dogs 2 Update 1.08 Coming This Week
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Watch Dogs 2 has gotten off to a decent start, but as with any game, it’s had its fair share of bugs. Ubisoft has released details today of the upcoming Update 1.08, which adds a few new features, and tweaks a few existing ones as you would expect.
You’ll now we able to replay any mission from the Main Operation, select a difficulty level, use new weapons and even use a new Hacker Level, giving you a few more ways of challenging yourself with a bit of replay action.
Important updates for PC users are coming too, including improved performance on Crossfire systems, and HUD improvements on multi-monitor setups.
“Now that we’ve patched most of the issues identified at launch, it’s time to start including the fun stuff. This patch is being made in preparation for the first DLC, the T-Bone Content Bundle, but also includes free content, balancing to multiplayer game modes (particularly Hacking Invasions), and lots of bug fixes. As we move forward, we’ll continue to introduce free content updates for everyone outside of DLC offerings and will continue to make tweaks to the online experience based on our data analysis and your feedback. Title Update 1.08 will be available later this week.”
“Note: This patch will deliver Leaderboard rewards for those who earned them in Season 1 but did not receive the items. We’ve also had a talk with the “PULL OVER NOW!” policewoman and she agrees that it’s not necessary to repeat that command as frequently to get the point across. We’re all grateful.” – Ubisoft
Watch_Dogs 2 – Update 1.08 Changelog:
• Leaderboard rewards: If you earned a leaderboard reward in Season 1, it will be delivered to your inventory in this patch.
• “PULL OVER NOW!”: The loudspeaker policewoman will repeat this command less frequently.
• Wall Geometry Exploits: Players can no longer use motorcycles to pass through walls, and we’ve fixed other similar wall exploits.
• Broken missions/halted progression: Fixed progression-breaking issues for the following missions: Power to the Sheeple, Alcatraz Showdown, Infected Bytes, Just Making a Living, Get Back in the Game, Jailbird Blues, and Kicking it Old School. If you got stuck during any of these missions, you’ll be able to proceed now without starting over.
• Mass Sitara: Improved an issue where Sitara could be present multiple times in the Hacker Space during A Walk in the Park.
• Bounty: Fixed a rare issue where a Bounty could go on forever if the hunted player hid in Wrench’s garage.
• Bike Collision: Reduced the collision size on bikes so the player can drive closer to obstacles without bailing (time to find some trees and go nuts).
• Leaderboards: Fixed the description of the divisions in the leaderboards; percentage details were wrong.
• Invasion Rewards: Fixed an issue where you wouldn’t get the reward for neutralizing an invader without profiling them first.
• Co-Op: Fixed an issue where a player couldn’t get into a car while playing in coop.
• Improved performance and stability
• Minor graphical improvements
• Fixed multiple AI and traffic issues
• Several improvements on the GPS pathing
• Fixed multiple replication issues
• Fixed numerous minor audio and text issues in localized versions of the game
• Lots and lots of other minor bug fixes
• San Francisco Fog (aka “Karl”): Fixed a timer bug that was causing the iconic fog to appear less often than intended. On the days it appears, it will show up around 6PM and disappear around 2PM the next day. In a future update, we’ll adjust and randomize its appearance times, so you can enjoy it more often. If you are eager to see it, you can always make the time pass faster by taking a nap on the sofa in the HQ.
– The fog is not turned on by default (due to high demands on your PC) and must be activated in settings.
• Improved performance on Crossfire systems (AMD dual GPU systems)
• Fixed various minor issues with the UI and text.
• Fixed minor issues with the HUD in multi-monitor mode
• Fixed various cases of reflections corruption.