Watch Dogs 2 Update Improves Performance & DualShock 4 Support
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Watch Dogs 2 has already been a big improvement over the original release, but a steady stream of updates from Ubisoft is ensuring it keeps on getting better and better, one patch at a time. The latest update provides a few tweaks to the games overall performance, with improved RAM usage, screenspace reflections optimisation, the release of an improved fog algorithm and more. Anything that keeps the game looking running and running smoothly is good in our books, so they’re certainly welcome improvements.
Next up, you’ll also find added support for the DualShock 4 controller, no doubt since Steam added support for it also. There’s a music volume slider now, some UI fixes, and more which you can check out in the changelog below.
To get the update, simply let Steam or UPLAY auto-download it next time you boot up the game.
Watch_Dogs 2 – PC Update 1.09 Changelog:
- [Performance] RAM Usage Optimization – This patch optimizes a system memory usage which improves the game’s performance on systems with low RAM amount.
- [Performance] Screenspace Reflections Optimization – This patch improves the overall performance of Screenspace Reflections and adds two new lower quality levels (Medium and High).
- San Francisco Fog – The algorithm of the San Francisco Fog (aka “Karl”) appearing is improved with this title update.
- Visual – The maximum value of the Pixel Density slider has been changed from 1.25 to 1.5 with this patch.
- Sound – We have added a Music Volume slider.
- Controller – Added support for the newer DualShock 4 controllers (ZCT2U models).
- YourBoySerge Nerf – This .50 Cal sniper rifle has been the subject of some debate in the community, and is considered to be overpowered in online play. In this patch, we’ve reduced the number of rounds in the magazine from 6 to 1, and we will continue to monitor and balance this beasty rifle.
- Fixed various minor issues with flickering.
- Fixed various minor issues with incorrect window modes behavior.
- Fixed various minor issues with the UI and text.