Which MSI Gaming PC is Right For You? Three Systems Tested!
Peter Donnell / 3 weeks ago
MPG Trident A 11th Gen
Slim and compact is the name of the game here, but don’t be fooled, as the MAG Trident A 11th Gen is still packing some impressive features, and isn’t as trimmed down from a larger desktop system as you might expect. The form factor is great for those short on space, as it’ll sit on the floor down the side of your desk, up on your desktop, on a shelf, or even just under your TV if that’s what you wanted. I can certainly see the appeal of a system with such a small footprint!
- Windows 10 Home
- Up to 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11700 processor
- Up to MSI GeForce RTX™ 3070 GDDR6
- Compact, lightweight and easy to transport case
- 10 litres in size, the most compact gaming desktop
- Silent Storm Cooling 3- Optimizes airflow by separating chamber of CPU, VGA, and PSU
- USB Type C with reversible design
- Latest Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax) for enjoying a smooth and stable network experience
- Support 4K gaming experience
- Upgradable Design
- Nahimic 3 Audio Enhancer
- Mystic Light RGB LED design, customize your look
- Enrich your experience with included MSI software
- RTX 2060 Ti
For in-depth features and specifications, please visit the official product page here.
The MPG Trident A is packed into a 10 litres volume case. However, as you can see from the features above, it’s packing some full-fat desktop hardware too. It still has the Intel Core i7-11700 processor, which is packing a potent 8-core design. That’s backed up by the also very powerful MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GDDR6 graphics card! Again, these are desktop components, not slim laptop parts, so they’re very easy to replace and upgrade should you need to.
Obviously, there are some compromises, or more precisely, some changes have been made. The PSU is now a much slimmer SFX model, and cooling hardware is low-profile.
However, the slimmer design means things like the GPU can benefit from the side panel ventilation and practically draw their own independent airflow throughout the case.
Hiding on the inside, the system has the latest WiFi 6E, MSI claim this was the first PC in the world to have it, but I suspect about a dozen brands also claimed the same thing on the same day, but hey, I don’t care, WiFi 6E is insanely fast I’m happy to see it here.
Overall though, it looks fantastic, and the addition of a bit of RGB, potent yet also upgradeable components and that slim form factor make this very appealing to those wanting big performance in a small package.