Witcher 3 for PC Gets Another Graphics Patch (v1.04).
Ryan Croucher / 4 years ago
When you install a game and it takes around 35 Gigabytes of room on your hard drive, you expect it to be pretty good. In the case of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, this was not the case. The graphics were not as CD Projekt Red had promised us.
The Witcher 3 was released on the 18th May with pre-order sales around the 1.5 million mark. It is the top seller on Steam and has seen some very good reviews. However, the graphics for the PC has had a bad press from its release, it wasn’t as good as we had been led to believe, but to the credit of CD Project Red, the games developer and publisher, they are not just sitting back and watching the money roll in. They have been actively trying to give us what they set out to in the beginning.
The new patch that has just been relesed, v1.04, sees a multitude of changes (see release notes at the end of the post). I myself am a Witcher 3 player, and slightly eerily the spec of my machine is that of the recommended specs of the game, exactly, and from the changes that were made from 1.01 to 1.03, I saw a drastic drop in the frame rate. It was a drop of around 20fps. The game did look slightly better I must admit, but not enough to sacrifice that many frames per second. So I am hoping, along with the rest of the players, that this patch will cure-all the problems. If it doesn’t, at least we can rebind keys now!
Please find the list of changes below:
- Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the ‘Unlock Bindings’ option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.
- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.
- Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.
- Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.
- Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
- Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.
- Further improvements made in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
- A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
- Fixes an issue where users with usernames incorporating non-Latin characters were unable to import saves from The Witcher 2.
- Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.
- Fixes issues related to alt + tabbing and minimizing the game window.
- Updates the game icon.
- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
- Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.
- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
- Introduces small tweaks in the UI for gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.