Woman Claims Her Samsung Galaxy Phone Exploded in Flames




/ 5 years ago

galaxy ace

 

A Canadian woman insists that her bedroom was set on fire by an exploding smartphone. Hope Casserly, a computer science student at the University of Guelph, claims her year-old Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 combusted while she slept, back in October. She posted the details of the incident on Facebook.

galaxy explosion

“My back was to the phone and… I saw a light going across my shoulder, which would be the inside of the battery on fire. It hit the wall and fell onto my bed,” Casserly told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC). CBC reports that, according to Samsung, the device was carrying a third-party, unauthorised battery. Casserly maintains that she did not swap out the battery. Samsung replaced the phone, but Casserly has said that she refuses to use it.

Source: Mashable



Topics: ,

Support eTeknix.com

By supporting eTeknix, you help us grow and continue to bring you the latest newsreviews, and competitions. Follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to keep up with the latest technology news, reviews and more. Share your favourite articles, chat with the team and more. Also check out eTeknix YouTube, where you'll find our latest video reviews, event coverage and features in 4K!

Looking for more exciting features on the latest technology? Check out our What We Know So Far section or our Fun Reads for some interesting original features.

eTeknix Facebook eTeknix Twitter eTeknix Instagram eTeknix Instagram

Check out our Latest Video

  • Be Social With eTeknix

  • Latest Giveaways

  • Latest Video

  • Features

  • Poll

    AMD or Intel?

    View Results

  • Archives