Xiaomi Mi3 Has Sold Out In Under 90 Seconds
Gabriel Roşu / 5 years ago
One of China’s largest and most popular phone makers, Xiaomi, have announced today that their new flagship Smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi3, was sold out in under 90 seconds. The record time is actually 1 minute and 26 seconds, or 86 seconds, to be exact. In case you’re wondering as to how many Mi3s were sold within the same period, the number is a mind-boggling 100,000. Perhaps this is why Chinese phone makers price their flagship products at relatively affordable prices, somewhere around the $300-$400 mark, since it attracts more customers and ultimately leads to more sales, and more profit in the process. It’s a win-win situation for everyone.
“100,000 Xiaomi MI3s are sold out in one minute and twenty-six seconds,and 3000 MITVs are sold out in one minute and fifty-eight seconds.” Xiaomi tweeted.
The device’s specification, for those of you haven’t heard of the Xiaomi Mi3 up until now, are the following:
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 1.8 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor / 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM 8974AB) processor
- Dimensions – 114mm×72mm×8.1mm, weight: 145g
- MIUI V5 on top of Android
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony Exmor BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16 / 64 GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and NFC
- 3050mAh battery
The 16 GB version of the Xiaomi Mi3 commands a price of 1999 Yuan (roughly $330), whereas the 64 GB version costs 2499 Yuan (just $410). I bet that most people would like to have the Xiaomi Mi3 available in their country as well.
Thank you NextPowerUp for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of NextPowerUp.