Zalman CNPS17X Air CPU Cooler Review
Mike Sanders / 1 year ago
While Zalman is, perhaps, something of a relatively fringe brand when it comes to PC components, it’s hard to deny that they have been exceptionally busy over the last few years in bringing new and truly innovative products to the market. With the release of the new Zalman CNPS17X air cooler, therefore, while this might initially appear to just be another generic ARGB cooling solution, it actually comes packed with a lot of clever technology and features that even the savviest of PC consumers will likely be impressed with!
Touting itself as a high-performance design, while many consumers might initially dismiss the Zalman CNPS17X as being rather a standard fare in the world of CPU coolers when you start to look into what it actually offers this definitely seems to have plenty of excellent features to back that claim up. Not only is it compatible with all major Intel and AMD socket designs, but its unique 4D fan and radiator design should easily be able to handle even some of the most potent consumer-level processors currently available on the market. Even if it does have a name that would possibly make it better suited as a monitor.
Without giving away too much this early, even I’ll admit, having reviewed probably hundreds of coolers during my time at eTeknix, that I am exceptionally impressed with what Zalman has done with the CNPS17X. Before I start getting ahead of myself, however, let’s check out some of its key features and specifications.
- Improved cooling performance by increasing the head dissipation area 15% with the 4D stereoscopic corrugated cooling fin
- 180 individual airflow passages are formed to improve the straightness of the airflow
- Application of the RDTH (Resver direct tough heatpipe) and IHD (Interactive headpipe transfer design) for excellent performance with minimum heat resistance
- 140mm dual-blade spikder fans provide maximum cooling performance with unique RGB effects
- Supports motherboard addressable RGB (ARGB) sync
For more in-depth specifications, please visit the official product page via the link here!