Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Headphones Review
Peter Donnell / 2 months ago
In ear and over ear headphones are great, and they certainly have their applications, but they’re not always ideal. In ear headphones can fall out when you’re being active, and they also block out a lot of ambient noise, which can make them dangerous when you’re out riding your bike or going for a jog. The same is true of over ear headphones, and they’re often too bulky for sporty activities too. On top of that, any wired headphones come with their own sets of problems, the cable snags, rubs on your clothing and much more. The Trekz Titanium look set to fix all of these problems.
The Trekz are completely wireless, rechargeable, come with Bluetooth connectivity, they hook over your ears to keep them in place, and most importantly of all, the do not go in your ears! They use bone conduction technology, which allows you to hear the audio yet keep your ears free to hear your surroundings, making them ideal for sports and a whole range of activities.
“The lightweight and comfortable Trekz Titanium wireless stereo headphones are the safest alternative to traditional sport headphones and earbuds. Bone conduction technology, an open ear design and a suite of convenient features deliver premium music play and crystal clear calling without compromise. Designed with athletes in mind, Trekz Titanium are sweatproof, secure, and will allow you to hear your surroundings – no matter where life takes you.”
They’re not cheap at £109.99, but in terms of features, you certainly get what you’re paying for. They’re water and dust proof to an IP55 rating, have powerful bone conduction drivers, a durable and lightweight design, EQ features, dual noise cancelling microphones, and more!
- Bone conduction technology delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds
- Titanium wraparound headband is lightweight and flexible for durability and portability
- OpenFit™ design ensures maximum situational awareness and comfort during long-term wear
- PremiumPitch+™ guarantees a premium audio experience, including wide dynamic range and rich bass
- Wireless Bluetooth® 4.1 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing
- LeakSlayer™ technology significantly reduces natural sound leakage
- IP55 certified to repel sweat, dust and moisture, from workouts to wicked weather
- Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge
- EQ presets boost bass and reduce vibration on the go
- Dual noise cancelling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech
- Audrey Says™ voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk
- Hassle-free 2-year warranty
- Speaker type: bone conduction transducers
- Frequency response: 20Hz~20KHz
- Sensitivity: 100 ± 3dB
- Microphone: -40dB ± 3dB
- Bluetooth version: v4.1
- Compatible profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
- Wireless range: 33 ft (10m)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium ion
- Continuous play: 6 hours
- Standby time: 10 days
- Charge in: 1.5 hours
- Weight: 1.27 oz (36g)
Packaging and Accessories
The Treks come in a nicely designed box, with a clear front that allows you to see the full design of the headset. As you can see, they’re pretty compact!
Around the back, a quick run down of features such as the PremiumPitch+ sound, titanium frame, and the Bone Conduction hardware.
In the box, you’ll find a USB charging cable, grips, ear buds for when you do want to block out your surrounding, such as on a long-haul flight perhaps? A protective carry pouch, and all the usual documentation.