ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition Motherboard Revealed
Ryan Martin / 3 years ago
With the launch of Ivy Bridge-E comes a new high performance motherboard from ASUS. The ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition is not to be confused as the Rampage IV Extreme painted black because this is a totally new motherboard. The ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition is a brand new X79 LGA 2011 motherboard with the feature set updated to the best that ASUS can offer in 2013 because current LGA 2011 motherboards were mostly released in 2011. ASUS has optimised this new motherboard for Ivy Bridge-E.
The motherboard has 8 fully fledged DIMM slots and some beefy heatsink assemblies over the chipset and VRM.
Other key features of the new motherboard include:
- Ivy Bridge-E optimized design
- The only ROG with an all-black color-scheme.
- SupremeFX Formula  with WIMA and ELNA capacitors, OpAmp headphone amplifier and 120dB SNR.
- Sonic Radar software
- Extreme Engine DIGI+ III (VRM design)
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- 12 SATA [8 SATA 6Gbps]
- 8 USB 3.0
- USB BIOS Flashback
- 2013 UEFI updates, including Secure Erase, Last Modified Log, Quick Note and ROG Pulse (see more on our innovations page)
Images courtesy of ASUS, Via TechPowerUp