Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler Review
Ryan Martin+ / 2 years ago
German company Be Quiet! are a brand rapidly gaining attention within the computer hardware community. With a reputation for premium build quality, the finest aesthetics and no compromises on noise – its no wonder why such high demand has seen them recently embark on an expansion into the American market after major successes in Europe.
Be Quiet! impressed enthusiasts with their Dark Rock Pro and Dark Rock Advanced coolers, the second Dark Rock series brings us replacements in the form of the Dark Rock Pro 2 and Dark Rock 2. Today we have with us the Dark Rock Pro 2, the new flagship of the Dark Rock series. This cooler is built from the ground up to target enthusiasts with a desire for high quality, top notch aesthetics and excellent acoustic performance. With 7 heat pipes, dual heatsink towers and two fans this cooler certain doesn’t slack on the specifications.
The main specifications are as follows:
- Heat Pipes: Seven 6mm heat pipes, copper with nickel plating
- Fans: 1 X 135mm Silent Wings fan (Max 1500 RPM and Max 68 CFM) and 1 X 120mm Silent Wings Fan (Max 1700 RPM and Max 57 CFM)
- Heatsink: 44 Aluminium heatsink fins with dark nickel plating
- Base: CNC machined CPU contact plate
- Dimensions: 147 x 138 x 166m
- Socket Compatibility: Intel LGA 2011, 1366, 1155, 1156, 775 and AMD FM1, AM2 (+), AM3 (+), 754, 939 and 940
- Noise: 26.4 dBA at 100% PWM
- Fan Connection: single 4 Pin PWM using adapter or dual 4 Pin PWM without
As we have seen many times before, specifications do not guarantee performance, so let’s put this bad boy on the test bench and see if it delivers!