Carriers at War, Complete Edition coming Summer 2012
Peter Donnell / 5 years ago
In 2007, SSG recreated one of the all-time classic wargames, Carriers at War, to a completely new engine with support for modern systems. Complete Carriers at War takes this release to the next level, with many more scenarios and game improvements.
Carriers at War is a WWII naval combat and strategy game set in the Pacific Theatre. Putting you at the heart of WWII carrier combat, you are in charge of commanding carriers with immense amounts of firepower tasked with delivering a knockout blow to the enemy, while avoiding retribution at the hands of a fanatical foe. Focusing heavily on carrier fleet command strategy, which requires the player to use all of their naval prowess to best the enemy. Throughout the wide range of scenarios and campaigns found in Carriers at War, history buffs and strategy fans alike will recognize and enjoy playing through famous engagements including Pearl Harbor, Midway, Coral Sea, Eastern Solomons, and more.
Carriers at War also features the most ruthless and endlessly challenging AI in any SSG title to-date. Apart from going head to head against a human opponent over the internet or LAN, players will find that the AI in Carriers at War will test the skill of both basic strategy fans and retired admirals alike!
Take to the high seas and crush your opponent with the mightiest ships in all the world. Carriers at War: The essence of carrier combat!
Due for release Summer, 2012.
- Seven Dramatic Historical Scenarios Including
- Pearl Harbour, Coral Sea, Midway, Eastern, Solomons, Santa Cruz, Phillipine Sea, Wake Island
- Exciting Multiplayer Games Over Internet Or LAN
- Intuitive Mouse Driven Interface
- Dynamic Animated Combat Display
- Ruthlessly Efficient Programmable AI
- Extensive Rollover Help Text
- Realistic Weather Modelling
- Full Scenario Data, Ship, Plane And Map Editor
- Historically Accurate Ship And Aircraft Profiles
- Massive Battle Maps Covering Millions Of Square Miles