Corsair Harpoon RGB Optical Gaming Mouse Review
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
The PC gaming peripherals market is extremely competitive, with consumers wanting as many features as possible while maintaining a wallet-friendly price tag, and all that without cutting corners on built quality. Corsair thinks that they have the answer with their latest mouse, the Harpoon RGB, a budget-friendly optical gaming mouse that still ticks all the right boxes for PC gaming.
“The HARPOON RGB mouse is built to perform, featuring a 6000 DPI optical gaming sensor with advanced tracking for precise control. The lightweight, contoured design to support the quickest of movements. The contoured shape and rubber side grips accommodate various hand grips and play styles.”
“Equipped with six fully programmable buttons and on-board memory, the HARPOON RGB enables extensive customization and portability. On-the-fly DPI switching adapts your mouse sensitivity to the situation for total command in every environment. The Omron switches are rated for 20 million clicks, providing an ultrafast response and reliability over time. Immersive, dynamic multicolor backlighting offers virtually unlimited customization to make HARPOON RGB your own.”
With a high-performance Pixart sensor, adjustable DPI, six buttons, Omron switches and more, the Harpoon doesn’t read off like a budget mouse, so we’re pretty eager to get it out of the box and see what it can do!
- High-accuracy 6000 DPI optical gaming sensor: Advanced tracking and high-speed motion detection ideal for FPS gaming.
- Lightweight, and contoured design: Designed to fit naturally in your hand and support multiple grip styles. The upper surface features a fine coarse finish to provide a slip-free experience for ultimate control. The compact and lightweight body to help you with quick reactions and reduce fatigue over time.
- Textured molded rubber side grips: Molded rubber side grips enable you to hold the mouse with a confident, firm grip. Don’t slip when lifting the mouse or making long or quick swipes.
- Six fully-programmable buttons: Take control with extensive customization, anything from simple remaps to complex macros.
- Onboard memory: Preconfigured for the best performance. No drivers, software or additional setup required. Customize your DPI stages and take them with you, knowing they are stored safely on your mouse.
- On-the-fly DPI switching: Adapt your mouse sensitivity to the situation for total command in every environment.
- High-performance Omron switches rated for 20 million clicks: Custom tuned for gaming, providing an ultrafast response and reliability over time.
- Dynamic multicolor backlighting: Smart lighting gives you that touch of personalization that makes it your own. Enjoy virtually infinite color and lighting effect customization.
- High speed USB interface: Superior responsiveness for fast play. 1000Hz polling rate pushes the limits of the USB protocol for a lag-free experience
The packaging for the Harpoon keeps the style we’re used to seeing on other Corsair gaming mice, with a black and yellow theme, a nice big image, and a few details about the sensor, weight, and RGB lighting.
Around the back, a quick rundown of features, such as the fully programmable buttons, DPI switching, and RGB lighting. Now, let’s crack open the box and take a closer look at what the Harpoon has to offer!