EVGA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N Released
Bohs Hansen / 2 years ago
EVGA teased us two weeks ago, and now it’s here. EVGA has released what is called the world’s most advanced GeForce GTX 980 graphics card, the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N edition; entirely designed for extreme overclocking results.
The card features a 14+3 power phase design with a digitally controlled VRM capable of delivering up to 600A current. It has three power inputs, two 8-pin and one 6pin and the well known and great ACX 2.0+ cooler. Water cooling enthusiasts also have the option to go single slot with the included single slot bracket, making it one of the sleekest graphics cards.
“The power designs for both the GPU and memory on the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N graphics card should allow some insane overclocking and some of the highest clockspeeds seen to date. Also, with the new multi-color LED cooler, you can customize the look of the card to fit any system,” said Vince “K|NGP|N” Lucido.
- Customizable Lighting – Full-colour control allows you to fine-tune the LED colors to your liking using EVGA PrecisionX 16.
- 14+3 Phase Fully Digital VRM – Improved efficiency and power capacity and an average of 28C cooler operating temperature.
- Single Slot Ready – Included single slot bracket allows you to convert to a true single slot card with a water block.
- 12 Layer PCB – Robust PCB layout with extra copper for smooth power delivery.
- ACX 2.0+ Cooling & Metal Shroud – Improved cooling with lower fan power consumption and 400% longer fan lifespan. All surrounded in a premium metal shroud.
- EVBot Onboard – Allows robust tuning and control over all aspects of the graphics card.
- Included Backplate – Built on backplate with backlighting allows full control over brightness and color.
- MMCP+ – Memory MOSFET cooling plate provides direct contact with memory and MOSFETs reducing temperature. MMCP+ comes in two separate pieces, allowing you to cool the GPU separately while still using the MMCP on the MOSFETs.
- OTS – Onboard thermal sensors allow for automatic real-time extreme overclock tuning to achieve the highest overclocks possible.
- QST – Quick Switch Triple BIOS allow you to switch to the second or third with the flick of a switch.
- SHP – Straight Heat Pipes offer 6% better heat dissipation than bent heat pipes with reduced thermal resistance.
- dBi – EVGA’s ACX 2.0+ fan turns off below 60C generating 0dB of noise
At $749.00 this card is far from the cheapest, but in return you’ll get one of the most impressive GPUs on the market. Orders can be placed at EVGA directly. It runs with a 1291MHz base clock and has a 1393 turbo speed. The 4GB memory runs at 7010MHz and has 224.3GB/s bandwidth. Despite the single slot design, the card packs a DVI-I, an HDMI, and three mini DisplayPorts for up to four simultaneous displays.
Thanks to EVGA for providing us with this information