Gamescom: World Of Warcraft
Andy Ruffell / 670 days ago
The press briefing at Blizzard saw details of the upcoming patch 4.3 for World Of Warcraft which is addressing some features players had long hoped for, for a quick overview see below:
- Deathwing raid will be the final raid of the expansion.
- You will even get to ride on Deathwing’s back during the fight, apparently to take him down over multiple phases.
- The project for an Abyssal Maw is gone for the moment, the storyline wasn’t convincing enough/fitting.
- 3 new 5-man instances will be added in this patch.
- One of the instance will be in the Caverns of Time, for the War of the Ancients
- The Transmogrifier NPC, which will let you change the appearance of any armour piece on you, while retaining the stats of your current gear. ( T12 stats, but with the Tier 2 look!)
- Players won’t be able to change the appearance of their armour into another armour type or class armour set, and you might have to own the armour before you can use it to swap the appearance of your existing armour.
- The Void Storage is a new type of bank where players will be able to store their items in order to free up space in their regular bank.
- It will hold 80 items. Anything stored there will lose all gems and enchantments.
- The Raid Finder will be introduced in Patch 4.3, it will work like the Dungeon Finder.
- There will be a new Darkmoon Faire island with a bunch of new activities such as “Whack-a-Gnoll”
- Find What You Need, When You Need It
Void storage is being touted as another storage option but not a second bank it is designed as a place to store awards and trophies and perhaps items you wish to use the new transmogrifier feature on such as armour sets, the void storage is controlled by the Ethereals who require a small fee for each item stored and can be stored indefinitely at no addition cost, Void Storage vaults will be available in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar and can be accessed simply by speaking with your local Vaultkeeper.
Bag search will be integrated into the bag and bank UI will allow players to search all their storage options (bag, bank and void storage) using item names or key words from the items name thereby filtering the contents to find what your looking for.
Transmogrification is basically the option to change the appearance of an item e.g. the looks of a tier 2 item with the stats of a tier 12, there are restrictions to the process such as not being able to change armour or weapon types, the transmogrifiers will be found in the capital cities and the process will cost you a small amount of gold but will be reversible at no additional cost, Placing an item into the Transmogrifier interface will offer a preview of how the item will appear once the change is applied and the cost of doing so.
Death to Deathwing, Alongside all this comes a whole lot of new content. The developers revealed that patch 4.3 will feature three new 5-player dungeons, setting the stage for the ultimate fight in Cataclysm the final showdown against Deathwing himself. Patch 4.3 will include a whole new tier of raid content in an epic boss encounter unlike anything you’ve yet experienced in World of Warcraft.