Icy Dock introduces a quad bay SATA 6Gbps backplane
Andy Ruffell / 5 years ago
Icy Dock has recently introduced a new product: the MB994SP-4SB-1 Full Metal Quad Bay 2.5″ SATA 6Gbps, a backplane that is installed in a single 5.25″ drive bay but receives four 2.5″ drives for greater expandability.
The new model uses the faster SATA 6Gbps interface to allow the user to install up to four 2.5″ drives. The drives are installed easily thanks to Icy Dock’s EZ Slide Mini Trays that support 9.5mm & 12.5mm drives, providing ease of use when it comes to installation and maintenance. The MB994SP-4SB-1 is made completely out of metal, ensuring the protection and reliability, this product is perfect for RAID users or smaller form factor cases where the number of drives bays is limited.
Cooling is also installed and versatility is ensured with a power switch controlling the fans; the dual 40mm fans can be turned off when SSDs are installed, while they can be turned on when using mechanical hard drives. A single 4 pin power connector will help in reducing the amount of cables required, making installation even simpler.
Some of the key features of this product:
- Fits 4 x 2.5″ SATA I / II / III HDD/SSD.
- Accommodates Drives with up to 12.5mm Height.
- Fits 4 Drives into a Single 5.25″ Device Bay.
- 1 x 4 pin power connector to reduce cable connections.
- Status LED on Front for Each Drive.
- Full Metal EZ Slide Mini Tray System with Full Cage Design.
- Small Form Factor Perfect for IPC, Servers, and Small Form Factor Cases.
- Fan Power Switch Allow User to turn off the fans when using SSD.
- Front, Rear, Top, and Bottom Ventilation Slots.
- Dual 40mm Cooling Fans.
- Heavy Duty Full Metal Construction.
- Support SATA 6Gbps.
- Top Cover for the Tray Adds Extra Drive Protection.
- Active Power Technology – Device only power up if there are drive installed.