“Lost Spirits of Kael” Coming To PC Next Year
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Lost Spirits of Kael is an action-RPG with focus on atmosphere. You play the role of a young painter who has lost his inspiration and tries to get it back in the Forest of Kael. There, he meets a mysterious harpist who covers the forest with magical mist by playing her instrument. Lost in this creepy forest covered with graves (but no zombies), he will have to find his way out. But the forest has mystical powers that makes finding one’s way nearly impossible, and some of its inhabitants will try to stop him.
The game is about loneliness and finding one’s way into the unknown, you may see Lost Spirits of Kael as a mix between Shadow of the Colossus and Dark Souls, in a hand-painted 2.5D world.
- Unique atmosphere / strong feeling of being alone and lost.
- Unique and warm graphical style (digital painting).
- Challenging in a new way – non-careful players may have to restart the game from the beginning !
- Music will feature many harp and piano solos.
- Art, music, game design and scenario (and PR) are 100% made just by one person (Pablo Coma)
It’s certainly shaping up to be a unique indie title and it’s great to see a developer that is looking to mix up the usual RPG formula with something off the beaten track, it may not have the graphics of final fantasy but the world is certainly not without its charms and you can be sure I’ll be keeping a close eye on this title over the coming months.