Most Powerful Notebook in Existence Ships from Eurocom
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
The most powerful supercomputer class notebook in the world is ready to be shipped by Eurocom. The Panther 5 continues their legacy of ultra powerful workstations that are designed for those who need uncompromising performance on the go, not that there is anything stopping your average consumer from buying one, perhaps other than cost, but these are mostly designed for professional use.
Equipped with a choice of one or two Nvidia GeForce GTX 880M’s each packing 1536 CUDA cores, a 954 MHz + Boost clock speed and 8GB of GDDR5 memory at 2500 MHz. This means you can pull up to 16GB of GDDR5 video memory and 3072 CUDA cores in SLI, on a laptop! An X79 Express motherboard chipset with a choice of Intel Core i7-4000, Intel Xeon E5-2600 V2 processors, right up to the i7 4960X or even a 12 core / 24 thread Xeon E5-2697 V2. Then you’ll find 32GB of DDR3 1600, 6TB of RAID 0/1/5/10 storage.
“At Eurocom we specialize in offering the most powerful, capable, high quality and upgradeable systems to our clients. The EUROCOM Panther 5 is the epitome of this, it supports a wide variety of processors, graphics, displays, memory and many of components while offering a very high quality chassis.” Mark Bialic, Eurocom President. “We choose the absolute best components to offer our customers to build into their systems from NVIDIA GeForce, Quadro and AMD Radeon graphics to Intel Xeon and Core i7 processors as well as Micron memory modules and Intel DC 3700 storage drives, just to name a few. The EUROCOM Panther 5 is built for professionals that require the utmost in reliability and dependability”
The system features a 1920 x 1080 display, with a choice of matte or glossy finish and even the option to upgrade to a 120 Hz panel.
- Display: 17.3-inch FHD 1920 x 1080; 60Hz, 120Hz or 3D 120Hz Wide Viewing Angle; Glossy or Matte; LED Backlit
- Core Logic: Intel C600/X79 Express Chipset
- Processor: up to Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition or XEON E5-2600 v2 series; LGA2011
- Graphics : supports both SLI and CrossFire; MXM 3.0;
- Memory: up to 32GB; DDR3-1333/1600/1866; four physical SODIMM sockets
- Expansion: Built-in ExpressCard 34/54 slot
- Storage: up to 6TB of storage with four physical SSD, Hybrid or HDD, RAID 0/1/5/10 support; SATA 6Gb/s
- Optical drive bay: DVD-RW or Blu Ray Burner or 4th HDD/SSD
- I/O ports: 3x USB 3.0; 2x USB 2.0; eSATA; Firewire-800 (TI XIO2221ZAY); DisplayPort v1.2; DVI-I (SL); HDMI 1.4a out w/HDCP; Headphone; Microphone; S/PDIF out; Line-in; RJ-45 / LAN
- Communication: built-in 10/100/1000Mb Base-TX Ethernet LAN (Intel 82579V); WLAN (optional); Bluetooth v2.1+EDR (optional); 2M Video Webcam (built-in)
- Security: TPM 1.2; Fingerprint, Kensington Lock
- Weight/dimensions: 5.5kg (12.1lbs); 419(W)x286(D)x57.9-62.1(H)mm (16.76×11.44×2.31-2.48inch)
Thank you TechPowerUp for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of TechPowerUp.