New Trailer Released For Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition At Spike VGX
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio today announced that Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on January 28th, 2014. One of gamings most famous action-adventure series sees a young and inexperienced Lara Croft transforms into a hardened survivor in one of the best re-boots we’ve seen in years. Those not content with a lazy console port will be happy to hear that this fully re-built version for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One features stunning graphics that should really benefit from the AMD hardware of the new consoles.
- An all new Lara model created to take advantage of the power of next-gen consoles
- TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion with every strand being physically active
- Shader and lighting reworked to showcase the raw physicality of Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects
A physical world put in motion thanks to brand new hardware architecture:
- The world has been dynamically brought to life using complex physical world simulation on trees, foliage, cloth, weather, lighting and effects
- All texture resolutions have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail
- In-game characters, enemies and destructability have been enhanced for added depth and realism
- Subsurface scattering technology implemented to capture the most physically accurate lighting simulation and deliver a great sense of believability
- Native 1080p gameplay gives outstanding visual fidelity and showcases the beauty of Yamatai in all its high definition glory
The Definitive Edition of the award-winning action-adventure includes all of the original downloadable content, plus digital versions of the Dark Horse comic, Brady Games mini-art book and the Final Hours developer videos. Customers who pre-order will receive special art book packaging featuring never-before-seen concept art.
“’Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition’ is so named as it’s exactly what we’ve custom built for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles,” said Crystal Dynamics Executive Producer, Scot Amos. “The new hardware let us finally express the original vision in all of its glory. This was a continued labor of love. We pulled the game apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail to add enhanced visual storytelling but without changing the award winning tale. The end result is a cinematic living world. We can’t wait for fans and newcomers alike to experience this rebuilt epic adventure.”
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 from January 28th, 2014, priced at $RRP59.99. If you missed out on the original release (our review), then this could be a great time to join the series and check out one of the best action adventure games 2013 has to offer.
Thank you Tomb Raider for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of Tomb Raider.