Nvidia’s Maxwell Spotted In Quadro Drivers: More Maxwell Launches Imminent?
Ryan Martin / 2 years ago
Maxwell, Maxwell, Maxwell…where art thou? Since Nvidia announced its GTX 750 Ti and GTX 750 we’ve seen very little about Maxwell for the desktop graphics card space. A few entries for Maxwell-based Nvidia Quadro products have shown up in an Nvidia Quadro driver release which reveals Maxwell is back. Why is this important? Because new GPU architectures from Nvidia often arrive in Quadro series products near the launch of their desktop counter-parts. The entries that showed up were as follows:
- NVIDIA_DEV.0FF3 = NVIDIA Quadro K420 (GK107)
- NVIDIA_DEV.13BB = NVIDIA Quadro K620 (GM107)
- NVIDIA_DEV.13BA = NVIDIA Quadro K2200 (GM107)
- NVIDIA_DEV.11B4 = NVIDIA Quadro K4200 (GK104)
- NVIDIA_DEV.103C = NVIDIA Quadro K5200 (GK110)
- NVIDIA_DEV.13B3 = NVIDIA Quadro K2200M (GM107)
The sad part for the eagle-eyed among you is that these are only GM107 based products. GM107 is of course the Maxwell GPU at the heart of the GTX 750 Ti and GTX 750 so it isn’t anything “new”. The move by Nvidia is perhaps a hint that they are looking to bring more of Maxwell to the market in the near future, but realistically we still have no accurate date on when “new” Maxwell GPUs will be released – such as the much discussed GM204.
Image courtesy of VideoCardz