Sony announces 84 inch 4K resolution TV
Ryan Martin / 261 days ago
Sony have announced what looks set to be the daddy of all TVs for a very long time to come. The Sony Bravia XBR-84X900, first shown off at IFA 2012 under the name KD-84X9005, will have a staggeringly high price tag of $24,999.99. The TV is available to order from today in stores across the U.S.A. Yet they won’t begin shipping until November and we shouldn’t expect to see 3D variants until much later this year.
What makes this TV so special is the massive 4K QuadHD resolution on the 84 inch LED backlit display. Although with 4K upscaling, and most TV shows currently being streamed in 1080p at the maximum, don’t expect your normal TV shows to look that great stretched four times as big as they should be.
- 84-inch, 4K LCD Panel
- Dynamic edge lit, LED backlighting
- Three-chip, 4K X-Reality Pro picture engine
- 4K upscaling
- 10 Unit Live Speaker System
- Passive Full HD 3D Capable
- Network connectivity, including the full Sony Entertainment Network suite of services
More at www.sony.com/4ktv