Speedlink Decus Respec Gaming Mouse Review
Peter Donnell / 3 months ago
Finding the right gaming mouse is not easy, as there are countless options on the market, but with Speedlink having a reputation for packing lots of features into their products at affordable prices, they’re often a popular choice for the budget-conscious gamer. Their latest mouse takes their Decus gaming mouse and gives it a very welcome update, bringing it back to market as the Decus Respec with improved hardware, performance, lighting and more features that before, while still holding onto its wallet-friendly price tag.
“Maintain your focus and precision even in extended battles with the DECUS RESPEC Gaming Mouse and its huge array of customisation options. The configuration software allows you to customise the mouse to suit your preferences, letting you game the way you want and enabling the mouse to respond to your reflexes perfectly. Thanks to its integrated lighting system, the DECUS RESPEC bursts with colours that match the gaming atmosphere – becoming not just a visual highlight but also serving as a profile indicator. What’s more, its rubberised side grips, extra-grippy scroll wheel and extended finger indents offer maximum comfort.”
Equipped with right-handed ergonomics, a 5000 DPI optical sensor, 7 fully programmable buttons, a macro editor, a weight tuning system, multicolour lighting and more, the Decus Respec certainly ticks all the right boxes on paper, so let’s get the box and take a closer look at the latest from Speedlink.
- Professional gaming mouse
- Incredibly ergonomic
- Fully customisable functions and look
- Pixel-precise optical sensor with adjustable accuracy from 400 to 5,000dpi
- Customisable lighting with 7 colour options
- 7 programmable buttons, incl. dpi switch and rapid-fire button
- Powerful Macro Editor
- 5 profiles with separate button, sensor and colour configurations
- Auto-loading game profiles
- Internal profile memory (128Kb)
- USB polling rate configurable up to 1,000Hz (ultrapolling)
- Ergonomic shape with rubberised surface
- 4 additional weights for weight customisation
- Flexible USB cable with hardwearing sheathing (1.8m)
- Dimensions: 92 × 128 × 41mm (W × D × H)
- Weight: 127-145g
- Base weight system with 4 x 4.5g weights
Packaging & Accessories
The box keeps with the usual Speedlink colours and design, with a clear image of the mouse on the front, as well as details of every major feature right up front.
Around the back, the same info, but broken down for international sales.
The box opens out, giving us a proper look at the mouse design, which is always handy if shopping for one in a retail store. On the inside of the box, you can also see a breakdown of the Speedlink software suite, as well details of the weight tuning system.
In the box, you’ll find the quick install guide, info guide, as well as the mouse, which comes hard-wired with a black and red braided cable and gold-plated USB header.