Spire TME III (TherMax Eclipse III) CPU Cooler Review
Ryan Martin / 4 years ago
Spire are a company eTeknix has yet to work with in our 5 year existence. Spire are a huge company in terms of what they have achieved, yet as a brand the name is still up-and-coming. Many companies for the past 14 years have used Spire designed and made thermal solutions and simply rebranded them. Spire products have been approved and recommended by AMD, Intel and VIA so they are certainly doing something right.
The computer market has developed a lot in recent years, with more and more people taking an interest in building their own systems and buying custom parts. As a result Spire has started to push itself more as an enthusiast/overclocker/gamer type brand instead of just being an OEM and channel partner to bigger companies.
The product we see today is a reflection of that. The Spire TME III we have here is the third revision of the TherMax Eclipse series of CPU coolers. The heatsink itself hasn’t changed much since the first release but the bundled fans have. Obviously, as we’ve never had a chance to take a look at the older Spire TherMax Eclipse coolers before we can’t compare this to the old ones, but it is out with the old and in with the new as far as Spire are concerned.
The Spire TME III is a very highly spec’d piece of kit:
- Five (5) 8mm all copper U-shaped sinter-powder heat-pipes
- Solid copper base in direct contact with all of the processor area
- Straight lined heat-pipes allowing air to easily pass through
- Stamped aluminum wide fins for best surface rate
- Dimpled surface fin for increased heat transfer rate
- All black-Nickel coated heat-pipes to preserve killer looks from oxidation
- Two (2pcs) 120mm BlackStar 7 blade DC fan included
- High Quality, Long MTBF precision Nano – Bearing
- Supports AM2/AM3 socket 939/940/ 775/1155/1156 & 1366
- Best cooling performance on hot CPU’s up to TDP 150W
- PWM fan speed control, 4 PIN PWM (2510) Mainboard Connector