Wavemaster Moody 2.1 Rev 2 Speaker Review
Peter Donnell / 9 months ago
It was just over a year ago that we reviewed the Wavemaster Moody 2.1 speakers and I absolutely loved them. For their price range, I thought they looked great, sounded superb and offered great value for money, which is why I awarded them with our Bang for Buck award, as a reflection on them being a great return on investment.
Now the team at Wavemaster have taken their speakers and made a few minor, but potentially important tweaks to their design and performance, and while they’re being launched under the same name as the old model, this is officially the revision 2 model of the Moody 2.1 speakers which I’ll be reviewing today.
Specifications Rev 2
- Speaker drivers: subwoofer 16,5 cm bass driver, satellites 7 cm wide range drivers with phase-plug
- Amplifier: integrated with 3 separate channels
- Output power (RMS): subwoofer 35 Watt, satellites 2 x 15 Watt
- Frequency response: subwoofer 30 – 150 Hz, satellites 150 Hz – 20.000 Hz
- Input sensitivity: subwoofer line-in 500 mV, remote line-in 250 mV
- Cable remote: with on/standby function, volume control, headphone jack (amplified) and line-in
- Satellite speakers: with compact design (wall mountable), detachable front covers and 3m connection cable
- Subwoofer: wooden cabinet with bass reflex technology, bass control, treble control and main power switch
- Power supply: internal, 100-240 Volt ~ 50/60 Hz, 0.7A max., Standby Power <0.5 W (230V)
- Connection: 3,5 mm mini stereo plug or RCA
- Dimensions (WHD): Satellites = 90 x 145 x 103 mm, Subwoofer = 245 x 248 x 275 mm
The speakers come in a nicely designed box with a bunch of high quality images of the speakers on each side, great for those who are shopping for them in a retail store as it gives you a clear indication of what you’re buying.
In the box you’ll find two satellite speakers, a sub woofer, cabled controller, owners manual, RCA to 3.5mm cable and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.