AeroCool Launches its Dorado Series of Power Supplies
Mike Sanders / 1 year ago
AeroCool has announced the launch of its brand new ‘Dorado’ series of power supplies. While the name itself might potentially raise a few eye-brows (because let’s face it, it sounds more like a car brand than a PSU) it certainly seems to be packing plenty of features to tempt the savvy consumer into checking it out!
AeroCool Dorado Power Supplies
Coming with an 80-Plus Gold efficiency rating and fully-Japanese capacitor design, the Dorado series certainly seems to be based on some excellent technology. In addition, with it available in power ranges of 550, 650, and 750 watts, this should be entirely suitable for the vast majority of gaming systems. Better still, there’s even a bit of RGB lighting thrown into the mix and AeroCool even claims that below 50% output, the fan should be barely audible with it only running at 800RPM (10dBA noise output – This is both low and very good!).
The only moderate downside is that the AeroCool Dorado power supplies are sold as non-modular meaning that all of the cables come pre-attached to the block. A factor that is never overly tempting for most modern/enthusiast PC builders as it can be construed (in general, not specifically our opinion) as an outdated concept. – If you can get over that one fly in the ointment, however, the features on offer are certainly more than a little impressive!
- Compatible with Addressable RGB motherboards using ARGB connector
- Control up to 13 lighting effects via LED control button
- Built-in 105°C Japanese main capacitors provide low ripples and higher durability
- igh-end solid state capacitors provide great DC output quality for improved noise filtering and low ripple
- Used DC-to-DC conversion circuit for higher efficiency and tight voltage regulation even under heavy cross-loading condition
- Built-in APFC providing higher voltage stabilization and lower power consumption (Active Power Factor Correction rate > 0.9)
- Equipped with 12cm high-pressure fan with optimized thermal fan speed control. Fan speed from 800 RPM to 1800 RPM allows for silent operation or high cooling productivity
- Dual CPU power connectors allows for compatibility with high-end AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Comes with black flat cables for neat and convenient cable management, and allows for unhindered airflow
- Compatible with all Intel form factors up to ATX12V Ver.2.52
- Delivers real output wattage at ambient temperatures of 40°
- Fully EMC Compliant
- Compliant with ErP 2013 Lot 6 for high energy efficiency
- ROHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) certified
Where Can I Learn More?
At the time of writing, AeroCool has not confirmed any prices for their Dorado series of power supplies nor when we can expect them to arrive with retailers. However, if you do want to learn more, you can check out the official product website/s for all models via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!