AMD Adrenalin 21.7.1 Released Offering Better F1 2021 Performance
Mike Sanders / 5 months ago
So, it’s been a couple of weeks since the last official AMD GPU driver update, so I guess you know what that means, right? – Yes, a brand new driver is out and ready to pester you to apply it as soon as possible. – Is it worth taking the time to do it, though? Well, the short answer is yes. The long answer is also yes, but with it coming with a number of useful fixes and, not to mention, a strong boost to the performance of F1 2021 on AMD graphics cards if you’re planning to don your virtual driving helmet, then while it likely won’t shave any seconds off your qualifying time, it might at least help add a useful boost to your frame rates!
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 21.7.1
As part of the official update notes, AMD has confirmed the following optimisations and fixes offered:
- AMD Radeon™ RX 6700M Graphics
- AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M Graphics
- F1® 2021
- Up to 6% increase in performance in F1® 2021 @ 4K Ultra High settings with Raytracing enabled, and up to 26% increase in performance @ 1080p Ultra High settings, Raytracing disabled, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.7.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.6.2.RS-389
- An Oculus service error may be received on Radeon RX 5000 & 6000 series graphics products which prevents the Oculus Link setup software from running.
- Lighting corruption may be experienced in Apex Legends™ when Radeon™ Boost is enabled.
- Some users may experience elevated memory usage by AMD User Experience Program.
- A driver mismatch error may appear when two versions of Radeon software (Windows Store & AMD Support versions) are installed on your system.
- Some users may experience higher than expected memory utilization when running 3DMark Time Spy™.
- While playing Carrion™, some users may experience image corruption when Anisotropic Filtering is enabled.
Where Can I Get My Update?
As always, if you already have AMD Adrenalin installed, then a quick check of the app should prompt you to download and update to this latest version. And it’s something we would certainly recommend if you plan to pump a few hours (or should that be laps?) into F1 2021. However, if the app doesn’t work, you can learn more (and manually download it) via the link here!
What do you think? How often do you update your graphics card drivers? – Let us know in the comments!