AMD Adrenalin 22.3.1 – Radeon Super Resolution Added For Big Gaming Boosts?
Mike Sanders / 2 years ago
AMD has announced the launch of its latest Radeon Adrenalin 22.3.1 graphics card drivers. Yes, I’m afraid it’s that time where you’re undoubtedly shortly set to get pestered to make an update… Again. – In this particular instance though, this one definitely seems to be worth both the time and effort. No, we’re not looking at any kind of game-ready optimisations for the latest and greatest title here, but with the release of Radeon Super Resolution, users could see huge performance boosts across potentially thousands of gaming titles!
Put simply, if you own an AMD graphics card, you’re NOT going to want to miss checking this one out!
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 22.3.1
As part of the official update notes, AMD has confirmed the following:
- Radeon™ Super Resolution (RSR) Technology – RSRGD-197 is an in-driver spatial upscaling feature that is built on the same algorithm as AMD FidelityFX™ Super ResolutionGD-187 technology. It delivers near-native resolution and increased performance across thousands of games that run in exclusive full screen mode on AMD RDNA-based and newer discrete graphics.
- AMD Link – Updated AMD Link Play feature now allows up to four users to connect to an AMD Radeon graphics-powered PC from an Android- or Windows-based PC, phone, tablet or TV to play local multiplayer games. AMD Link is also introducing customizable hotkeys, allowing gamers to use their devices to control their gaming experience. AMD Link is now accessible from the Microsoft store and can be downloaded as a standalone application on non-AMD based PCs, inviting an even wider range of users and hardware to join a personal gaming cloud.GD-159
- Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) – Bringing crispness and clarity to in-game visuals that have been softened by upscaling and post-process, the latest version of RIS can now be used to enhance visuals in video playback and other productivity applications with a single click.
- Faster Downloads – Saves time and reduces the driver download size when updating AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition directly from the application, downloading and installing only the files that need updating on the PC.
- Improved Toast Notifications – Provides users with a clearer snapshot on which key features are enabled or disabled whenever they launch a game.
- Some users on Windows® 10 operating system may observe the absence of the windows transparency aero effect.
- On some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics, the Tuning page within AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may display incorrect preset selections after installing the latest AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver.
- While playing Forza Horizon 5™ on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 Graphics, longer than expected load times may be experienced when Ray Tracing is enabled and set at either Medium or High Ray Tracing Quality setting.
- Visual artifacts may be observed while playing It Takes Two™ on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- Enabling Radeon™ Chill for SteamVR™ may lead to inconsistent performances being experienced.
- After disabling the Hotkeys feature in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, some hotkeys still function for some users when they restart their system.
Where Can I Get the Update?
Presuming you already have the AMD Adrenalin app installed on your PC or laptop, which if you own one of their graphics cards I certainly hope so, a quick check should prompt you to now download and install this latest 22.3.1 update. Failing which, however, if you want to learn more and/or manually download it, you can check out the official website via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!