AMD Unveils FirePro W4300 Low-Profile Graphics Card
Bohs Hansen / 8 years ago
AMD just unveiled a new family member to the FirePro workstation graphics card series, the new AMD FirePro W4300 low-profile graphics card that will be perfect for small form factor CAD workstations.
The AMD FirePro W4300 card features 4GB of GDDR5 memory on a 128-bit memory interface and with a bandwidth up to 96GB/s. The card’s 12 compute units come in with 768 stream processors and a 1.43 TFLOPS peak single precision floating point performance. There is support for all the latest standards such as DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.4, OpenCL 2.0, AMD Mantle, and Shader Model: 5.0.
The card has a maximum power consumption that is less than 50W, which is perfect for SFF builds. The cooling is quite discreet as it only features a single small fan, then again, with a low power consumption we don’t need that much cooling.
The AMD FirePro W4300 professional graphics card is optimized for the latest CAD applications including Autodesk AutoCAD, Inventor as well as Revit, Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks and CATIA, PTC Creo, Siemens NX, and many more. Engineering professionals can efficiently work with large geometry-intense models and apply GPU-accelerated features in their projects, such as the new Order Independent Transparency (OIT) mode supported in SOLIDWORKS.
The FirePro W4300 has four Mini-DisplayPort outputs with 1.2a support including Adaptive-Sync and HBR2 for a maximum resolution up to 4096×2160. The card only has four ports, but it does support up to six monitors with the use of MST hubs and similar extra hardware.
“We designed the AMD FirePro W4300 specifically for CAD,” said Sean Burke, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon Technologies Group, AMD. “CAD users rely on AMD FirePro graphics cards to enable their application features to best visualize their designs, and now can continue to do so without having to compromise by using the latest energy efficient, small form factor workstations.”
- 4GB GDDR5 GPU memory for large projects helping to improve workflow application responsiveness.
- AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology that allows the use of up to six ultra-high resolution displays, helping users to multitask across multiple applications and displays with ease.
- Four DisplayPort 1.2a connections standard (with support for up to six DisplayPort monitors via MST-enabled hub) and AMD FreeSync technology3 that enables GPU control of the display refresh rate for tear-free display updates, critical for media and entertainment applications and workflows.
- OpenCL 2.0 support enabling developers to take advantage of new features that give GPUs more freedom to do the work they are designed to do.
- Unique power monitoring and management technologies plus the maximum power consumption of 50W in a low-profile form factor. AMD PowerTune technology4 dynamically optimizes GPU power usage and AMD ZeroCore Power technology4 significantly reduces power consumption at idle.
- Certification on more than 100 different applications for improved performance and reliability, including the most popular design and engineering and media and entertainment applications. AMD FirePro professional graphics drivers are released several times each year and include performance and feature improvements.
The AMD FirePro W4300 professional graphics card is currently in production with an unspecified release set for sometime during 2016.