AMD Releases New Adrenalin Drivers, Brings Support For The Last of Us
Jakob Aylesbury / 6 months ago
The Last of Us Part 1 Optimisation
The Last of Us Part 1 was released the other day on steam with a generally awful reception featuring mostly negative reviews on steam down to its poor optimisation with people finding their game crashing and spending an eternity building shaders. I’ve never played the game, and it looks as though I will definitely not be anytime soon.
With the new Adrenalin update 22.40.43.05 game optimizations have been brought to The Last of Us Part 1, whether these optimizations have had any effect on the problems players are facing is currently unknown.
Further Update Notes
- High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Video playback using hardware accelerated browsers may appear blurry during upscale on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XT.
- Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Mouse cursor may appear invisible in Citrix Workspace™.
- Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as a precautionary measure while we address isolated installation issues that have been reported during PC upgrades.
- AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.3.2 is the recommended driver for The Last of Us™ Part 1, while a subsequent AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.4.1 driver with these optimizations will be made available.
The Latest AMD Adrenalin Driver can be downloaded here.