Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps Graphics Card Review
Peter Donnell / 5 months ago
Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps
Today we’ll be taking a look at the latest graphics card from Gigabyte Aorus. Their new GeForce GTX 1080 comes equipped with the updated and faster 11 Gbps GDDR5X memory. This means it should run a bit faster than the standard GTX 1080. Hopefully, that faster memory will help ensure the GTX 1080 can deliver better performance in resolutions above 1920 x 1080. Of course, it does cost a little more than the standard model. However, the Aorus range of cards is currently some of the most affordable 10-series graphics cards on the market!
As you can see, the card comes well equipped. There’s a powerful WINDFORCE 3x cooler, which features 3 x 100mm fans for enhanced cooling performance and overclocking. This is backed up with a copper back plate, improved chokes and capacitors.
- Powered by GeForce® GTX 1080
- Equipped with 11Gbps high-speed memory
- WINDFORCE Stack 3x 100mm fan cooling system
- Advanced Copper Back Plate Cooling
- AORUS VR Link provides the best VR experience
- RGB fusion – 16.8M customizable colour lighting
- Titan X-grade Chokes and Capacitors for Extreme Durability
- Intuitive AORUS Graphics Engine
- AORUS Care provides 4 years warranty (Online registration required)
- Boost: 1936 MHz / Base: 1784 MHz in OC mode
- Boost: 1898 MHz / Base: 1759 MHz in Gaming mode
With a boost clock of 1898 MHz in “Gaming Mode” and an impressive 1936 MHz in “OC Mode” the Aorus GTX 1080 is no slouch. There is just one thing to keep in mind, however, as at 142mm deep, this card will eat up three expansion slots in your system.