Arcadegeddon is First Console Game to Get AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution!
Peter Donnell / 2 weeks ago
PC gamers have been reaping the benefits of technologies like DLSS for a long time now. Of course, the downside is that this was an Nvidia RTX exclusive technology. However, now AMD has thrown their hat in the ring with the AMD FSR (FidelityFX Super Resolution) technology. Right now, this FSR technology is only available on a few PC games, but that number will start to grow over the coming months.
However, today is a special day, as it looks like the technology is now rolling out on consoles! According to an official reveal from the developer, the PlayStation 5 release of Arcadegeddon is the first console game to benefit from the technology.
Interesting, Sony hasn’t said anything about the PlayStation SDK having the new technology integrated, but I wonder if that’s only a matter of time. Since the AMD Super Resolution technology is now integrated into Unity, Unreal Engine and the Xbox Dev Kit, it’s only a matter of time. Either way, the software and hardware are clearly in place for developers to implement the feature themselves.
The feature was added in the games latest update, where you can see it enables the new technology on both the PC and PlayStation 5 versions of the game.
Added AMD FSR 1.0
- PS5 – Enabled AMD FSR 1.0 + TAAU Hybrid Upscaling by default
- PC – Added upscaling options including AMD FSR 1.0 and TAAU
- Increased the Inflation time with the Pixel Popper on the Heavy Trooper
- Adjusted the aggro and enemy target evaluation times on the Heavy Trooper to prevent them from trying to change targets too frequently
- [PC] Added a Max Framerate Options to the Video Settings
- [PS5] Fixed an issue where PS+ was required for solo runs
- Optimized texture streaming pool
- Fixed an issue with the tutorial challenge “Get into the Game” not being completed if done while in a party
- For those in a broken state, initiate a run either solo or in a party and it should complete automatically when you get back to Gilly’s
- Fixed an issue with the HUD requesting to Apply Changes in Settings when no changes have been made
- Fixed an issue with Simulation Scores not being promoted to the appropriate Leaderboard when someone has left the run prior to the remaining team finishing the run
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would not appear when loading into a Boss Fight
- Fixed a general HUD data crash
- Fixed a crash related to stuns from Shock Weapons and Electro Balls in Nerve Center
- Fixed a crash related to burning and freeze status effects
- Fixed a crash related to players taking damage
- Fixed a crash related to weapon data replication
- Fixed a null targeting crash
“Arcadegeddon is a cooperative multiplayer game that provides a mix of PVE and PVP experiences that allows for all different speeds of play. As you continue to play you can take on additional challenges from the local “gangs” that hang out in Gilly’s Arcade. These will earn you much more than street cred. Speaking of street cred, earn your spot on the leaderboards.” – homepage