ASRock Reveal New X399 Phantom Gaming 6 Motherboard
Mike Sanders / 2 years ago
ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6
With the release of the 2nd-generation of Ryzen processors this year, it’s a fairly safe thing to say that AMD has done well to build on the initial success the platform saw in 2017. While the increased performance in the 2nd-generation wasn’t huge, AMD has managed to do something that it has struggled to do for over 10 years. It actually has a sexy product! Not just in the Ryzen name, but also with ‘Threadripper’!
For those of you looking to make the move to the Threadripper range, ASRock has the X399 Phantom Gaming 6 to tempt you!
- Supports AMD TR4 Socket Ryzen™ Threadripper™ X Series CPUs (180W)
- Digital PWM, 8 Power Phase & Dr. MOS
- Supports DDR4 3400+(OC)
- 3 PCIe 3.0 x16, M.2 Key-E for WiFi
- NVIDIA® 3-Way SLI™, AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports Creative Sound Blaster™ Cinema 5
- 8 SATA3, 3 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 2 USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C),
12 USB 3.1 Gen1 (4 Front, 8 Rear)
- Phantom Gaming 2.5G LAN, Intel® Gigabit LAN
- Polychrome RGB SYNC
If you are interested in this motherboard and want more technical specifications, you can check it out on the official ASRock website in the link here!
While this new motherboard is reportedly already out, we must admit that we haven’t been able to find it on sale with any retailer. Based on other models in the series though, we would expect this to have a retail price of circa £125-£150. As soon as we find out for sure, we’ll update this accordingly!
What do you think? Impressed with the motherboard? Thinking of getting a Threadripper processor? – Let us know in the comments!