ASRock Rack EPC612D4U-2T8R Micro ATX Motherboard Launched
Bohs Hansen / 2 years ago
ASRock is mostly known for their consumer products, but they also have a range of server equipment in the ASRock Rack branding. Just that division has just announced the latest motherboard in their lineup and it is a unique little board.
The new EPC612D4U-2T8R comes in a rare form factor for an E5 motherboard and it can be considered the first mATX motherboard with support for Intel’s Xeon E5 v3 series with its LGA2011-3 single socket.
It further comes with four DDR4 DIMM slots for quad-channel memory and eight SATA 3.0 ports for storage. It further comes with an LSI 3008 controller with support for eight SAS3 ports. With two full PCI-Express 3.0 x16 and one x8 slot, you can expand the capabilities even further.
They haven’t skimped on the network connectivity either with Intel’s X540 that supports two 10Gbased-T connections. All of this put together makes up one very powerful motherboard for an high-end processor in a very compact form factor.
- Micro ATX 9.6″ x 9.6″
- Socket LGA 2011 R3 Intel Xeon processor E5-1600/2600 v3 series
- Supports Quad channel DDR4 2133/1866/ ECC DIMM, R DIMM, LR DIMM
- Intel® C612: 6 x SATA3 6.0Gb/s(support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10); 2 x sSATA3 6.0Gb/s(support RAID 0, 1)
- Supports 8-port SAS 3 by LSI:3008
- Supports 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 3.0 x 8
- Integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and Dedicated LAN (RTL8211E)
- Supports 1 x Intel®X540
This motherboard won’t come cheap and will set you back around 500 bucks at the time of writing. We’ll also have a full review of this board ready for you soon, so stay tuned.