ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 OC 6GB 9Gbps Edition Graphics Card Review
Peter Donnell / 10 months ago
The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 is already a great card, offering blazing fast performance without the burden of the kick in the wallet that is the 1070 and 1080 series cards. If you’re gaming at 1080p and even 1440p, the GTX 1060 has proven to be well suited to the job. Now ASUS are back with their latest version, which comes equipped with faster 9 Gbps GDDR5 memory, a nice factory overclock, improved power hardware and a new cooler.
“ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 gaming graphics cards are packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, including DirectCU II Technology with Patented Wing-Blade Fans for 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance, and Industry-only Auto-Extreme Technology for premium quality and the best reliability. VR-friendly HDMI ports let gamers easily enjoy immersive virtual reality experiences.ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 also has GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster that provides intuitive performance tweaking and instant gameplay streaming.” – ASUS
- DirectCU II with Patented Wing-Blade 0dB Fans for 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance.
- NVIDIA ANSEL for a revolutionary new way to capture in-game screenshots.
- IP5X-Certified Fans for dust resistant and longer fan lifespan.
- Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II delivers premium quality and best reliability.
- VR-Friendly HDMI Ports for immersive virtual reality experiences.
- GPU Tweak II with Xsplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and instant gameplay streaming.
While we know this chipset is already a winner, hopefully, this new version will be one of the best we’ve ever tested. It’s no doubt a nice counter from Nvidia in light of the AMD RX 5xx refresh, ensuring they hold onto their performance lead in the sub £300 price range.
Packaging and Accessories