ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
The latest X299 motherboards have really blown us away over the last few weeks. Not only have they delivered support for the latest X299 processors, they’ve also been packed full of features that are sure to appeal to the enthusiast market.
The new Prime X299-Deluxe from ASUS is set to be another welcome addition to their range. It comes equipped with support for the Intel LGA 2066 socket processors. Of course, that means you’ll be able to use more affordable solutions like the 7740X, right up to the bonkers and extremely powerful 7980XE. There’s also dual M.2 with Heatsink, DDR4 4133MHz support, 802.11ad Wi-Fi, U.2, Intel VROC support, SATA 6Gb/s, and a front-panel USB 3.1 Gen 2 connector!
What ASUS Had to Say
“ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe is the ATX motherboard that’s been expertly engineered for professional content creators and power users who work hard by day and play harder by night. This powerful, innovative board puts a friendly face on advanced enthusiast controls, enabling you to maximize performance, cooling and personalization with ease. So, if you live to create, to explore, to enjoy and to push the boundaries, look no further than Prime X299-Deluxe.” – ASUS
Enthusiasts will be happy to see the latest BIOS from ASUS offers plenty of advanced overclocking. Newcomers will find one-click 5-way optimization, allowing you to get the best performance in minutes.
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click, system-wide tuning, delivering optimized overclocks and intelligent cooling for CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
- Industry-leading cooling options: Comprehensive controls for fans and water pumps, via Fan Xpert 4 software or the acclaimed ASUS UEFI.
- Next-gen connectivity: Supreme flexibility with 2×2 802.11ad Wi-Fi, Thunderbolt 3, U.2, M.2 and front USB 3.1 Gen 2 connector.
- M.2 heatsink: Ultra-efficient heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20°C for unthrottled transfer speeds and enhanced reliability.
- LiveDash: A customizable onboard display that shows system temperature, CPU frequency, fan speeds or even your own logo.
- Aura Sync and addressable-LED header: Controllable onboard RGB lighting and addressable-LED-strip header, easily synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable hardware.
With DIGI+ Power, huge heatsinks, LiveDash OLED display, and loads of cooling connections, overclocking and extreme performance should be a lot of fun with this motherboard.
What’s in the Box?
In the box, you’ll get all the usual documents and a few SATA cables. However, you’ll also find a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe card, powered fan control hub, and a 3-way SLI-M bridge.