ASUS RoG Crosshair VI Extreme X370 Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 6 years ago
ASUS RoG Crosshair VI Extreme X370
When it comes to high-end motherboards, ASUS is one of the best in the business. Their Crosshair Extreme hardware has long been a fan favourite, and I’m sure many were waiting for the VI Extreme to release before making the leap to Ryzen. Now that the board is here, it comes packed full of high-end features that are sure to excite the enthusiast gaming system builder.
Of course, a high-end feature packed motherboard doesn’t come cheap. Expensive doesn’t always mean bad value for money though, and with so many features on offer, the extra investment could easily be justified for the latest ASUS motherboard. Equipped with Aura Sync RGB lighting for added customisation, it’s sure to look stunning. You’ll get high-end features like high speed DDR4 support, dual M.2 storage, USB 3.1 GEn 2, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, SupremeFX audio, and much more.
- Onboard PCH M.2 heatsink: Design for optimal heat dissipation and gaming performance.
- Optimal Cooling: Compatible for AM3/AM4 Cooler and water cooling headers zone
- Aura Sync RGB LED: Stunning synchronized effects with two Aura 4-pin RGB-strip headers and one addressable header.
- Best gaming audio: SupremeFX S1220 teamed with Sonic Studio III, cast an aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action.
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click system-wide overclocking.
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard GameFirst and 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support.
- Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C™ connectors.
- ASUS Safeslot and premium components for maximum durability
As you can see, this board is packed with cool hardware. There are a BIOS Debug LED and on-board controls, which are awesome for overclocking. There are extensive amounts of connectivity options, with room for lots of M.2, USB, SATA hardware. You’ll also find reinforced SLI PCIe slots, and a chunky set of heat sinks and shrouds on all major hardware.
AMD X370 EATX gaming motherboard with M.2 heatsink, Aura Sync RGB LED, DDR4 3200MHz, Dual M.2,USB 3.1 Gen2 and 802.11ac Wi-Fi
“For more than a decade, Republic of Gamers has delivered exemplary design and performance to thrill the world’s best players and PC enthusiasts. Our journey is a road without end. Now, it’s time for competitors to be warned and for gamers and enthusiasts to push the limits — the packed and pumped ROG Crosshair VI Extreme is ready to defeat all challengers!” – ASUS
What’s in the Box?
You’ll get everything you need and more included in the box. There’s plenty of cables for SATA and RGB lighting extensions. Need to hook up even more fans? A small add-on PCB will let you hook up even more, which is great for those with extensive cooling solutions. There’s also an SLI bridge included, a lovely Wi-Fi antenna, and a boatload of sticks should you need them.