ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 WiFi 6 Router Review
Peter Donnell / 1 year ago
ASUS is one of the biggest names in the business, but it’s their Republic of Gamers or ROG hardware that really excites the PC enthusiasts. The ROG brand is well known for its extremely high quality and flagship performance, offering a range of graphics cards, motherboards, power supplies, monitors, and more beyond. The latest addition to the ROG range, however, is the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000, and it is meant to be one of the fastest consumer routers on the market, thanks to the latest WiFi 6 technologies and plenty of features from ASUS. I’ll warn you now, that it’s not going to be cheap, but if you need the absolute best WiFi and LAN performance for your home network and online gaming, this router is promising to answer all your nerdy wishes and more.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 WiFi 6 Router
The GT-AX6000 offers up Dual-Band WiFi 6 (802.11ax) connectivity, as well as Dual 2.5G ports, with WAN aggregation, VPN Fusion, Triple-Level Game Acceleration, free network security and AiMesh support all built-in. It is designed to cut latency and increase reliability and even has a pretty potent processor of its own to deal with it, running a 2GHz quad-core 64-bit CPU, which is likely utter overkill, but in a sense, that sort of the point here. This isn’t a router for everyone, this is a router for the enthusiast who wants absolutely everything and wants a lot of advanced features, but typically, that’s what all ROG hardware is about.
- High-Efficiency WiFi 6 – Ultrafast WiFi 6 dual-band router boosts speed up to 6000 Mbps, with 160 MHz channels for better efficiency and throughput.
- Dual 2.5G Ports – Traffic via 2.5G ports has top priority; flexible WAN/LAN network port configurations.
- Extreme Quad-Core CPU Power – A high-performance 2.0 GHz quad-core 64-bit CPU takes computational capabilities to the next level.
- Expanded coverage – The exclusive ASUS RangeBoost Plus improves signal range and overall coverage.
- Triple-Level Game Acceleration – Accelerate game traffic every step of the way from device to game server.
For in-depth features and specifications, please check the official ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 product page here.
What ASUS Had to Say
“The futuristic ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 gaming router lets you connect more devices, and upgrades your gaming experience to the next level. With WiFi 6 speeds up to 6000 Mbps, it’s always primed for the biggest battles. The awesome styling, with new-look red and black detachable antennas and fully customizable ASUS Aura RGB lighting effects, makes GT-AX6000 a router that demands to be seen!”