ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I
The new Z370 chipset motherboards are here at last! Delivering support for the latest Intel Coffee Lake processors. This includes the new i5-8400 and the i7-8700K which we recently reviewed. The new CPUs were surprisingly very impressive, and, of course, we’ve now got a stack of new motherboard reviews to bring to you too.
One of the first motherboards we’ll be testing is the new ASUS RoG STRIX Z370-I. Of course, it’s also one of the first Z370 Mini-ITX motherboard we’ve tested too. Mini-ITX is a popular market, especially for those who want a compact system that doesn’t eat up lots of desktop space, or that they can take to LAN gaming events. However, you’ll still want high-end performance, and the I-Gaming is pretty robust in terms of features, so I have high hopes for its gaming performance.
- LGA1151 socket for 8th -gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors.
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strips.
- Onboard M.2 heatsink: Cools your M.2 drive, delivering consistent storage performance and enhanced reliability.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor-made for your rig.
- SupremeFX S1220A teams with Sonic Studio III to create an aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action.
- Onboard dual M.2 slots for up to 32 Gbps of PCIe bandwidth and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector.
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard, GameFirst and 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support.
- ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum endurance.
What ASUS Had to Say
“With aesthetics inspired by the sharpest blades and premium colorways to match any mood, the all-new ROG Strix Z370 motherboards are ready to do battle — and infused with all the essential ROG engineering needed to push performance as far as you dare. Ready for the latest 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming is loaded with overclocking and cooling innovations to keep your gaming rig’s thermals in check as you turn up the clock. Factor in custom Aura RGB illumination and superior SupremeFX audio and you’ll know that ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming looks great and sounds amazing — and outperforms every expectation to dominate your game!” – ASUS
What’s in the Box?
In the box, you’ll find a huge amount of stuff for a mini-ITX motherboard. There’s some stickers, the usual documentation, driver CD, RGB connector cables, cable ties, M.2 fittings, backplate, 4 x SATA cables, and even a WiFi antenna.