ASUS ROG Z690-I Gaming WiFi Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 4 weeks ago
It was fun showing you the preview of the ASUS ROG Z690-I Gaming WiFi last week, but now the wait is over. The new Intel 12th Gen processors are here at last, along with the new LGA1700 motherboards with the new Z690 chipset! Of course, that means a wave of new features for Intel fans, some of which finally catch up with what AMD has offered for some time now, and a few that take things to the next level, making this one of the most exciting CPU and motherboard launches in recent years! Of course, ASUS are no stranger to high-end hardware, and while the ASUS ROG Z690-I Gaming WiFi isn’t their most extreme, it’s one of the few high-end mini-ITX solutions hitting the market right now, and despite the small size, it’s pack full of great features!
ASUS ROG Z690-I Gaming WiFi
the ASUS ROG Z690-I Gaming WiFi comes equipped with the latest Intel LGA1700 socket, ready for the new 12th Gen Intel Core processors. It’s certainly not backwards compatible with anything, as the CPU is more rectangular on these new models. Power comes from an impressive 10+1 Power Stage design, backed up with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors. While their flagships may have double the Power Stages, that’s still a mighty set up for this form factor. Networking comes from both the WiFi 6E and a 2.5 GbE LAN option, and even more impressive, there are two Thunderbolt 4 USB Type-C (USB 4.0) connectors! As you’ll see later in the review, there’s a pretty trick setup for the M.2 and audio hardware too. Of course, you get Z690 premium features like PCIe 5.0, PCie 4.0 M2, and DDR5 too, helping push performance to the next level.
- Intel®LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 12th Gen Intel Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
- Optimal Power Solution: 10+1 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Integrated I/O cover and VRM heatsinks with high conductivity thermal pad, L-shaped heatpipe, two onboard M.2 heatsinks and backplates
- High-performance Networking:On-board Intel® WiFi 6E (802.11ax) and Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI® 2.1, two M.2 slots, 2 x ThunderboltTM 4 as well as 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C®
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, AI Networking and Two-Way AI Noise-Cancelation to simplify setup and improve performance
- DIY Friendly Design: Bundled ROG Front Panel SATA Card, M.2 Q-Latch, Pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS FlashBack™ button, and Clr CMOS button
- Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including a RGB header and two addressable Gen 2 headers
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio: ALC4080 with Savitech SV3H712 amplifier, along with DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III
- Renowned Software: Bundled AIDA64 Extreme 60 days free trial version and intuitive UEFI BIOS dashboard with integrated MemTest86
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official ASUS ROG Z690-I Gaming WiFi product page here.
Tell Me More
“The ROG Strix Z690-I Gaming WiFi packs premium-grade power delivery and triple-decker cooling into a compact mini-ITX form factor to unleash the full force of 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors. Framerates and load times can be boosted even further by all-new support for DDR5 memory and PCIe® 5.0. Plus, onboard WiFi 6E and PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots bring lightning-fast performance to an endless variety of scenarios. On top of all that, DIY-friendly innovations help simplify the PC building process, so even novice builders can quickly get to serious gaming.” – ASUS
Z690 and 12th Gen Reviews
- Intel 12th Gen Core i5-12600K, i7-12700K & i9-12900K CPU Review
- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME Motherboard Review
- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO Motherboard Review
- ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte Z690 AORUS XTREME Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Master Motherboard Review
- MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 Motherboard Review
- MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi Motherboard Review
- MSI MEG Z690 UNIFY Motherboard Review
Of course, for this review, use the navigation menu below to see more!