ASUS TUF Gaming B760-Plus WiFi D4 Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 4 weeks ago
ASUS has a lot of great motherboards under their name, but while their STRIX and Maximus series may appeal to enthusiasts with thick wallets, I’ve long been a fan of the often more affordable, but still feature-packed TUF Gaming series. With their robust build quality that really puts the “tough” in TUF, consistent dark black and yellow highlights aesthetics, and catering to the features your typical PC user and gamers need without going too crazy, it’s easy to see why.
ASUS TUF Gaming B760-Plus WiFi D4
With support for the latest Intel LGA 1700 socket 12th and 13th Generation processors, and with a powerful 12+1 DrMOS VRM configuration, it should be more than up to the task of powering the flagship Intel CPUs, without the added cost and bloat of the much more expensive enthusiast overclocking motherboards. Plus, it still comes with both PCIe 5.0, as well as PCIe 4.0 M.2, and lots of fast USB connectivity including Thunderbolt USB4.
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 13th Gen Intel Core processors & 12th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold and Celeron Processors
- Enhanced power solution: 12+1 DrMOS power stages, six-layer PCB, 8+4 ProCool sockets, military-grade TUF components and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive cooling: Enlarged VRM heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
- Latest connectivity: PCIe 5.0 slot, PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots, rear USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C, front panel header for USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C and Thunderbolt (USB4) header support
- Made for online gaming: Intel WiFi 6, Realtek 2.5Gb Ethernet, TUF LANGuard.Two-way AI Noise-Cancelation: Reduces background noise from the microphone and audio output for crystal-clear communication in games or video conferences
What ASUS Had to Say
TUF GAMING B760-PLUS WIFI D4 takes all the essential elements of the latest Intel® processors and combines them with game-ready features and proven durability. Engineered with military-grade components, an upgraded power solution and a comprehensive cooling system, this motherboard goes beyond expectations with rock-solid performance for marathon gaming. TUF GAMING motherboards also undergo rigorous endurance testing to ensure that they can handle conditions where others may fail. Aesthetically, this model incorporates an embossed nameplate and geometric design elements to reflect the dependability and stability that defines the TUF GAMING series.