ASUSTOR Launches Powerful High-Capacity AS6208T and AS6210T
Bohs Hansen / 5 years ago
ASUSTOR launched two new high-capacity enterprise-class NAS units, the AS6208T and the AS6210T. The only difference between the two units is that one has 8 drive bays and the other one has 10 drive bays. They are powered by an Intel Celeron (Braswell) 1.6GHz quad-core CPU with Boost speeds up to 2.24GHz. This is backed by 4GB dual-channel DDR3L memory which is expandable.
This is a great base for a powerful system that comes with hardware encryption support and 4K capabilities. All that power can be connected through the four built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports for a read and write performance up to 398 MB/s and 355 MB/s respectively in a RAID 5 setup.
There are plenty of USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports as well as two eSATA ports. With that amount of extra ports, you can expand the systems even further than with the 8 and 10 internal bays that each support up to 8TB drives.
It’s probably unlikely that a system like this will be used for as a multimedia hub, although it would be perfectly suitable for it. Instead, it is much more likely to be used for surveillance tasks. It is well equipped for both scenarios with its direct usage ability. It features both an HDMI 1.4b connector and an S/PDIF audio link.
As with all other ASUSTOR NAS units, these two new ones come with a 3-year warranty and a suggested retail price of $999 for the AS6210T and $899 for the AS6208T. That’s actually not bad at all.
Key Hardware Specifications
- Intel Celeron 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor (Automatic Overclocking to 2.24GHz)
- Read Speed of up to 398+ MB/s and Write Speed of up to 355+ MB/s Under Link Aggregation and RAID 5 Configurations
- 4GB Built-in Dual-Channel DDR3L High Speed Memory (Expandable up to 8GB, 4GB x2)
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Front of Device: 1 x SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (5 GB/s) Port
- Back of Device: 2 x SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (5 GB/s) Ports, 2 x USB 2.0 Ports, 2 x eSATA Ports
- 1 x HDMI 1.4b Port
- 1 x S/PDIF Audio Output Port
- Infrared Receiver
- Supports RAID Volume Management: Single, JBOD, RAID 0/1/5/6/10, RAID 0/1/5/6/10+Hot Spare
- Supports Hot Swappable Hard Disks
- Disk Tray Locks
- LCD Panel
- Supports Largest Capacity Hard Disks on the Market (8TB)
- Smart Fan Temperature Control
The AS6208T and AS6210T both come built-in with the latest ADM 2.5.4 firmware providing RAID data protection, high-grade AES-NI hardware encryption technology, a 256-bit data encryption mechanism, firewall, network defender, antivirus software for installation and other safety mechanisms to keep data safe and secure. But you will be able to upgrade to the newest firmware very soon as ADM 2.6 is scheduled to be released in April.
Key Software Specifications for ADM 2.6
- Seamless Cross-Platform File Access (Windows, Mac, Unix-Like Operating Systems)
- Virtualization Support: Citrix, Hyper-V, VMware (NFS)
- Scheduled and Automatic iSCSI LUN Snapshots
- Virtual Machine Support with VirtualBox (ASUSTOR Portal and ADM Web Interface)
- Comprehensive Backup Solutions (Public Cloud, Local Device, PC, Mobile Devices)
- Integrates Windows AD, Windows ACL Permissions and Batch Importation of Accounts
- SNMP Network Management Protocol Support
- Instant System Event Notifications (Email, SMS or Push Notification)
- Supports 3-Step Seamless System Migration
- Supports Online Capacity Expansion and RAID Level Migration
- Supports N-1 MyArchive Hard Disks with Encryption and Binding of USB Devices as Encryption Keys
- Newly Added File System Support for MyArchive (EXT4, NTFS, HFS+) Increases Compatibility of MyArchive
- Remote Access via Cloud Connect Technology
- App Central App Repository Features Rich Variety of Apps for Multimedia, Business Productivity and More.
- Surveillance Center Supports up to 25 Camera Channels