Get Battlefield 2042 Ready with the NVIDIA GeForce 496.76 WHQL Driver
Peter Donnell / 1 year ago
It feels like an absolute age ago that I was playing Battlefield 2142, but I do remember playing it on a Sparkle 6800 AGP graphics card, which really highlights just how long ago that game was released. So while I’ve waited impatiently since 2006, the follow-up, Battlefield 2042, is finally here! To celebrate, and get your GPU firing on all cylinders for this one, NVIDIA has just released a brand new driver for its graphics cards.
The NVIDIA GeForce 496.76 WHQL driver offers optimal performance for Battlefield 2042. So if you plan on playing it, it’s well worth grabbing it ASAP.
There’s more than just Battlefield though, as the driver adds Image Scaling control, while also offering fixes for a number of game bugs. There are some welcome bug fixes for both Detroit: Become Human and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War too, so fans of those games will certainly want to update!
You can download this new driver from the Nvidia site here or via the update feature in GeForce Experience. Check out the changelog below!
NVIDIA GeForce 496.76 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Game Ready Driver
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Battlefield 2042, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS and maximize performance and NVIDIA Reflex to minimize latency. In
addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles to leverage DLSS technology, including Assetto Corsa Competizione, Bright Memory: Infinite, Farming Simulator 22,
Hot Wheels Unleashed, and Myth of Empires. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver also provides the best experience for Ruined King: A League of Legends Story.
- Includes support for NVIDIA Image Scaling
- [WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship/WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship]: The games crash on launch.
- [Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint]: Textures in the game may flicker.
- [Transport Fever]: The game crashes upon launch.
- Transport Fever 2]: Null pointer exception occurs in the display driver.
- [Quake 2 RTX]: Image corruption occurs in the blurred (bloom effect) background.
- [Far Cry 6][DirectX 12][GeFOrce RTX 3070 Ti]: With ULTRA + DXR + HD textures set, the game crashes at 4K.
- [Detroit Become Human]: Random stuttering/freezing occurs in the game.
- [Red Dead Redemption 2]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game.
- [Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War]: The game randomly crashes.
- [Marvel’s Avengers Xbox Game Pass for PC version]: Game may randomly crash during gameplay