be quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Case Review
Peter Donnell / 1 week ago
It’s celebration time for be quiet! as they’ve reached a huge milestone of 20 years in the industry! In that time, they’ve brought us some truly amazing cooling products, power supplies, PC cases and more! While their ethos always seems to be, well to be quiet really, being quiet doesn’t mean you can’t be seen! The old “seen and not heard” mentality. They’ve taken their already fantastic Pure Base 500, and given it a glitz and glamour makeover by cramming some more RGB into it! Sure, that’s not going to be to everyone’s taste, but hey, they still made the more toned-down version too, if that’s what you prefer!
be quiet! Pure Base 500 FX
The updated be quiet! Pure Base 500 FX doesn’t tinker with the original formula too much, and that’s a good thing, as it was a great case already. However, there’s now ARGB lighting from the included fans, as well as from the unique front panel lighting integration. They’ve included four ARGB PWM Light Wings fans, which are basically the RGB versions of their popular Silent Wings series. There’s a PWM and ARGB fan hub included too, so you can easily control all of the effects, as well as your cooling/acoustic performance. Beyond that though, the 500 FX looks largely unchanged, from the DX so let’s dive in for a closer look!
- ARGB lighting at the fans, the front and inside the case
- Multiple colours and modes for an individual look
- 4 Light Wings PWM fans for high airflow and quiet operation
- ARGB-PWM-Hub enables synchronization of up to 6 ARGB components and 6 PWM fans
- High airflow intake front panel and top cover for maximum performance
- USB 3.2 Gen. 2 Type C for the latest hardware
- Ready for radiators of up to 360mm
- Up to 2 SSDs can be installed prominently behind the window panel
- Double HDD cage with decoupled mountings
- Side panel is made of tempered glass
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
What be quiet! Had to Say?
“What happens when you improve one of be quiet!’s most popular PC cases, the Pure Base 500DX, with more ARGB features? The result is the Pure Base 500 FX, which offers the same design, rounded feature set and easy installation options found in its predecessor, but adds ARGB light effects inside the chassis and additional cooling fans by replacing the three Pure Wings 2 140mm fans with four Light Wings ARGB fans (3x 120mm and 1x 140mm). A hub for up to six ARGB devices and six PWM fans is included with the Pure Base 500 FX for easier control. Pure Base 500 FX is available in at a recommended retail price of $149.90 / €149.90 / £146.99.” – be quiet!