Bethesda Outlines Fallout 76 Feature Fixes Following Beta
Ron Perillo / 4 months ago
Bethesda Promises Fixes Prior to Launch
Fallout 76 is due to wrap up its beta program soon. The event so far is somewhat marred by several major issues, including a bug which deleted the installation files. Nevertheless, Bethesda wants to assure fans that updates and fixes to concerns are on the way. In fact, they have already begun doing so and will address more in the coming weeks prior to launch.
Which Features are Being Addressed?
Through a post on Reddit, Bethesda has outlined the first set of fixes and changes that they will be addressing. This includes:
- Ultra-Wide Support: Support for 21:9 displays will be available post launch.
- Larger Stash Size: Bethesda explains that the Stash size at 400 weight limit can get easier to deal with over time, they do plan on increasing it in the future.
- Push-to-Talk: This features has been confirmed to be coming. That is despite Bethesda’s original goal of voice chat being on by default. So as to highlight that Fallout 76 world is alive with real people, other players.
- FOV Slider: There will be no FOV slider option like with previous Fallout games since it breaks a lot of the animation. The only alternative is to zoom out from 3rd person view.
- Exploits of Various Types: Many exploits that have been reported are known and will be addressed in a future update.
- Issues with social menu and inviting friends/making teams/etc.: Those who were experiencing issues with the social components will find that many of these issues have been fixed. Bethesda will continue to fix issues as they arise as fast as they are able to. So reporting bugs when found is necessary.
- Hunger not being sated: The hunger bar issue has now been fixed.
- Loud Gunshot/Noises: The issue of players hearing sudden random gunshot/loud sounds around Appalachia will be addressed in a future update near launch.
When is the Fallout 76 Beta Ending?
The last beta session is on schedule for today, Thursday, November 8. It starts at 2pm ET in the US and from 7pm in the UK. It will last for six hours. This applies not just for PC but for PS4 and Xbox One as well.