Cooler Master Mastermouse S RGB Gaming Mouse Review
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Cooler Master are back on eTeknix again today, as we take a look at their latest gaming mouse, the Mastermouse S. Equipped with an ambidextrous design, a high-performance PixArt sensor, and the high-quality and stylish design we’ve seen from their other award winning gaming mice, the new S is off to a great start before we’ve even opened the box.
“Get in touch” with MasterMouse S and discover a pleasurable and satisfying grip brought about by its special contoured design and advanced surface finish. Under the perfected exterior, a gaming grade PixArt sensor with up to 7200 DPI waits impatiently for your command. Customise the brilliant RGB illumination offering 16.7 million colour options and match your rig’s color scheme. Spot-on sensor and lighting settings can be achieved via the easy to use ecosystem software that comes along with the MasterMouse S.”
- Ergonomic design and feel – Ambidextrous shape and UV coating offer professional and comfortable grip to fit even the most demanding gamers.
- Brilliant RGB illumination with multiple lighting effects – On-board RGB LEDs offer 16.7 million color options for two illuminations zones and can be customized via the accompanying software. Lighting is delivered in eight different effects of your choice.
- Intelligent mouse with user-friendly software – Easily program macros and save your settings for up to five profiles thanks to the 32 bit ARM processor and 512KB memory.
- Create key combinations – Assign secondary functions to every mouse button with the Storm TactiX key and create four extra key combinations.
- Superior gaming grade outfit – Precise optical PixArt sensor offers up to 7200 DPI in four distinct DPI levels.
- Build to last – Long-lasting Omron switches, reinforced strain relief and UV coating ensure longevity of both looks and functionality of MasterMouse S.
The Mastermouse S certainly has a decent spec sheet, and we’re confident the PMW3330 Optical Sensor is up to the job for work and gaming. Beside durable build quality, it’s also decked out with full RGB lighting, giving you all those rainbow thrills that people seem to love these day.
Packaging & Accessories
The box is neat and tidy, showing off the mouse design on the front, and letting us know that it’s ready for ambidextrous use and RGB!
the box opens out, where you’ll find a little blurb from CM, as well as the main specifications for the sensor, so far so good.
In the box, you’ll find the mouse, which comes hard-wired with a durable rubber coated USB cable, as well as all the usual documentation. Not a lot in the way of extras here, but the mouse is really all we need.
The cable is rubber coated, which gives it a lot of added strength and looks pretty neat and tidy too with its matte finish. The USB header is quite compact too, which is good for those plugging it into a notebook or any system with limited space around the USB ports.