Corsair Crystal 280X RGB mATX Chassis Review
Peter Donnell / 8 months ago
Crystal 280X RGB
Corsair is one of the biggest names in the PC market, creating award-winning peripherals, memory, storage, chassis, power supplies and much more. From eSports gaming to office hardware, it seems they’ve got a lot to offer to everyone. Today, we’ll be taking a look at their brand new Crystal 280X chassis, which comes in both non-RGB and RGB equipped variants. Of course, this is Corsair, so they sent us the one full of flashy lights, which is fine by me!
From the company that just released the horrifically big 1000D chassis, the 280X is pretty tiny in comparison. With support for an mATX motherboard, water cooling, ATX PSU, and much more, small doesn’t always mean limiting. Add to that the inclusion of three tempered glass windows, some stunning RGB fans, dust filters and much more, and this already one of the most feature packed chassis in this form factor.
- Massive Cooling, Small Case: Room for up to five 120mm cooling fans, or a 240mm radiator in the top, 240mm radiator in the front, and 240mm radiator in the bottom.
- Stunning RGB Lighting with CORSAIR iCUE Software Control: Two included CORSAIR LL120 RGB fans boast 32 individually customizable LEDs, controlled with the included CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO by CORSAIR iCUE software to deliver a symphony of colour.
- Three Panel Tempered Glass: Three stunning tempered glass panels put your system on display like no other Micro-ATX case.
- Dual-Chamber Internal Layout: Highlight your PC’s core components whilst tidying cables, drives and the PSU into a dedicated rear chamber.
- Flexible Storage Space: Dedicated storage compartment for up to two 3.5” drives and three 2.5” drives keeps your system clean without sacrificing storage capacity.
- Fully Filtered: Front, roof, floor and PSU dust filters keep your system looking great long after
your build is finished.
- Direct Airflow PathTM Cooling: Cool air is directed to the hottest components, without any interference from drive cages.
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official product page here.
What Corsair Had to Say
“The CORSAIR Crystal Series 280X RGB is a high-performance Micro-ATX case with three beautiful tempered glass panels, two stunning LL120RGB fans and an innovative dual-chamber internal layout for clean looks and cleaner builds. Outstanding cooling potential offers room for up to six cooling fans and multiple 240mm liquid cooling radiators, while the dual-chamber design lets you put your core hardware on display while tidying drives, cables and the PSU away in a dedicated compartment. With 32 RGB LEDs controlled by CORSAIR iCUE software, it’s easy to match your setup, create amazing lighting effects or synchronize all your CORSAIR RGB lighting together. CORSAIR Crystal 280X RGB – Clearly Compact.” – Corsair